Wednesday, April 1, 2009

catching up

Still in that corner... (whole outfit from Target -again-)

I spent most of yesterday offline - partly because our internet wasn't working (mysterious outage for several hours), and partly because I was just tired of it. What did I do instead? Absolutely nothing worthwhile! But I did find out some neat things as far as vintage clothes go:

1) My mom called-- she has something like 50 handmade dresses from the 1960s for me!!!! She's been helping my aunt have an estate sale for her mother-in-law (no one died- she just downsized and moved). Up until yesterday, she hadn't found anything worthwhile, but then she discovered a "barrel" full of old dresses. My aunt says I can have them, and my mom's going to plan a road trip to bring them to me!

2) There's a nearby estate sale on Friday, and this one actually promises to have vintage clothes, hats and jewelry. And I have cash. This isn't always the case! Usually I just go to sales and hope that they'll have some clothes hanging around, but I've never found anything. And sometimes, when I want to go to sales that actually have stuff, I don't have money. I refuse to spend money I don't have, and I'll only buy vintage with the money I make from my Etsy shop, so it doesn't always work out. This week looks like a winner!

Anyway, today I hope to catch up on adding some things to the shop! I've been pretty lazy. I'm also catching up on reading blogs. I'm so behind that I actually got nauseous trying to read them all this morning (felt sort of carsick- like when I was a kid and I would attempt to read my sister's Encyclopedia Brown books on a road trip.. yuck!)

Happy Wednesday and Happy April!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your dresses! I can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? So many dresses! I'm jealous.
    I love your outfit today, it seems very spring-like.
    P.S. I didn't even think about sitting in those puffy minis--you're right that would be a trial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the green sweater too. You've inspired me to take another trip to my local goodwill soon. Last time i was there I walked away with an impossibly bright red cardigan. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!