Friday, January 8, 2010

slow readers and slowreader

UPDATE: All Slow Reader activity now takes place in this Facebook group!

Image by Gabbi

Have you heard about the Slow Readers Book Club? I bet you have, since so many neat bloggers have joined it already. But I thought I'd do my part to spread the word (and formally declare myself a member). You can find more details over here at Diana's blog, but the main idea is to slow down and enjoy reading. The first book is going to be Half-Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls, and we're going to review it on March 4th. That gives you plenty of time to locate the book (I'm checking it out at the library) and enjoy it! If you'd like to be added to the mailing list (for book discussion between now and the review date), email Diana at diana@ourcitylights.org!

And because the name reminded me of the band Slowreader, here is a song for you to listen to! It's a pretty / sad song!





3 comments:

  1. i cracked up when i saw the name because i'm such a slow reader! not on purpose ,mind you, i just simply read slow. i'm going to check it out. i keep trying to start a book club, but it never happens :( maybe this is the answer i've been looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the name of the book club! ... and that song gives me goosebumps ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! when i googled this, the band kept coming up! thanks for the mention and so happy you joined!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!