Thursday, April 23, 2009

thrifty wardrobe makeover

I made a trip to Music City Thrift yesterday. My ultimate goal was to find some vintage belts for a couple of dresses I want to sell, but I also had some ulterior motives... And though I did buy some belts, I also ended up with some lovely things for myself!

big comfy sweater!

Neither of the tops I bought are vintage, but they're perfectly good items that were about $2 each! I'm slowly changing my whole wardrobe, trying to buy things that are simple and more sophisticated. And lately whenever I put something on in the morning and think, "I hate this," I pull it out of the closet and it goes in a pile to be donated. There's just no need to wear clothes you hate when there are so many things to be worn!

Gap shirt, basically brand new

New [old] umbrella!

I am so in love with these shoes that I found... Not sure if I want to keep them, though. They fit me, but it's a pretty tight squeeze. Lately I've been doing awful things to my feet by not choosing comfortable shoes when I'm going to be walking a lot, and I need to try to stop that. My poor feet! You may be seeing these in the Etsy shop soon - but let me think on it!

10 comments:

  1. You found some amazing things! I love the price even more and I believe blue is the best color on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that stripe top!! i found a stripe long sleeved top from gap once too but with wider stripes, i love stripes so much that i would've gotten this cute one you have in a heart beat! great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thrift store finds, especially the shoes. I have to ask what size they are? :) If it's near the 8 I highly encourage you sell them (heehe) but if they're smaller or bigger you should keep. They're adorable. Something I imagine little red riding hood would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute finds--especially those shoes. You just can't beat the prices at thrift stores!
    P.S. Yes, I was quite alone in the laundry room, but on the look-out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that striped shirt. It looks like something you'd wear on a houseboat on the Seine. Since I know so much about houseboats on the Seine, having never been to France or even on a houseboat. I guess I'm getting this from a French movie or something. At any rate, it's a cute shirt. = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so adorable :) I love your sweater and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those shoes are amazing!
    I really like the Gap shirt. There's something instantly chic about stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love that sweater in the top pic. Beautiful! All look great on you. The umbrella is lovely! I used to collect them. Had about 30 (ish). Many wild designs. My mom gave them to goodwill when I moved out.

    Love the shoes, but not good for the feet if they're a tight squeeze!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. You Have Wonderful Wonderful Style!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!