Sunday, April 5, 2009

weekend update

I'm in love with this weekend. Yesterday we sort of took the day off-- which sounds ridiculous since we don't have jobs, but it's the first time in a while we've had a real Saturday. Since every day is like Saturday to us, we've been getting up at 7 a.m. every day and trying to be as productive as possible. That worked for a while, but I think we got really burned out last week. So yesterday we slept late, ate yummy foods, watched a lot of Twin Peaks, and just relaxed without worrying about trying to do anything. I'm feeling much better now!

I've been working on a schedule for myself and my Etsy shop because I was sort of losing direction, so I've picked days when I'll update. Each Sunday and Wednesday I'll be adding a batch of new items to the shop. Here are some of the things that will be going in today!

The necklace and yellow top are a couple more things from that last estate sale. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with this sailor doll... Mysterious! Actually, she came from an estate sale that we went to when Robert's family was visiting. Diane and I got really excited because there was this room FULL of antique dolls. Neither of us actually likes dolls, but they were all really old and cool (most of them still in the original boxes). I was hesitant about getting one, but she bought it for me and said to try it out in the shop. Yay for supportive mothers-in-law!

I hope everyone else is having a nice weekend!

3 comments:

  1. The doll you chose is actually really cute!

    I know what it's like to lose direction- i only work 4 hours a week at a library as a librarian because of budget cuts, so my time is spent feeling unproductive. do you have an actual set schedule? what's your secret?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty things! I would like some time off, but I suppose once I graduate and don't have a job I'll miss the busy-ness that keeps me from thinking too hard!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!