Monday, April 6, 2009

party dresses

Yesterday was beautiful - sunny, warm, windy. Somehow I thought it would last and that today I might dress for spring and go play outside. We woke up to freezing rain, and it's supposed to snow later. I don't understand the weather at all!

While I huddle indoors today, I may as well share some discoveries with you. One of the dresses I bought Friday is by Emma Domb. Upon further research, I found out that Emma Domb made party (and wedding and prom) dresses from 1949 through the 1970s. Can I show you how much I love vintage party dresses? These are all Emma Domb dresses from flickr, and you can find many more on Ebay!

Originally uploaded by thevintagepeddler

Originally uploaded by amcannon6

Originally uploaded by amcannon6

Originally uploaded by amcannon6

Originally uploaded by nouvell_vague

So pretty! I wish I had a closet full of these and I could wear one every day. Seriously, I think I would do that. The Emma Domb dress I bought isn't quite as fancy as these. It's a sleeveless, yellow maxi dress (meaning it is ridiculously long). It's very fancy and it sort of fits me. I would consider keeping it if it didn't drag the floor when I put it on. It requires someone either very tall or with very tall shoes.

Who wants to wear party dresses with me and have a tea party? That would make today just fine!

10 comments:

  1. The last one is beautiful! I do love them all though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh so pretty. I love the blue and the last pink one! I would wear one everyday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty! A tea party would be excellent...only I don't really like tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. truly amazing dresses! my favourite is the light blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That light blue one is to DIE for! Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you ever used Bumble and Bumble Curl Creme? I love that stuff. Most curl creams, sprays, etc don't work, but this stuff does!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the compliment! I will let you know if I find any useful and helpful marketing and networking tips. BTW I still love the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i used to work at a salon for ten years, and out of all the products, that was my absolute favorite and never found anything like that on the market. worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So BEAUTIFUL and PRETTY dresses!! Last, pink dress is looking so nice!! I love to add up this one in my collection!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!