Friday, April 24, 2009

sweet little things

Check out this sweet award I received from Gabbi of *Felinofelice! I've been seeing it all over the place and I'm so glad it finally came my way. Of course it would be better if I could actually have that cupcake and that deer in real life... but this will do just fine! I would like to pass it along to Mothersvea and Pretty Little Pictures - both great blogs. Thank you, Gabbi!

I went to an estate sale this morning, mostly because I was enticed by this picture that went along with the ad:

Picture borrowed from this website...

Doesn't that room look lovely? It was. We arrived at the sale an hour after it started, and I think we were too late. There were so many beautiful shoes and hats and petticoats, but most of them qualified as antiques (things I would be scared to wear or to sell for wearing). As we were waiting in line to pay for the few small things I wanted, I noticed a couple of ladies with bags and bags full of dresses and hats - they must have grabbed up all the good stuff!! Just a lesson for me to get to sales earlier...

I couldn't resist the fat little raccoon on this pin, or this bunny barrette!

Sleepy little Dutch girl cuff links!! [Note to self: figure out how cuff links work.]

This is the only dress I bought. Like I said before, most of the things I liked were just far too old (or expensive). The big lacy collar on this dress is kind of discolored, but if I can't clean it well enough, I can just remove it - looks like someone just slip-stitched it on anyway, and I like the way the dress would look without it.

7 comments:

  1. congrats on the award! i love that dress, too.

    i'll be posting more photos soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cuff links are amazing! Yet again I wish women wore cuff links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cuff links are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your finds, especially the cuff links!! If those ever make it on the shop please send me a message alert right away :)

    Glad you liked the Polaroid. I loved that award so...

    ReplyDelete
  5. O you got the award! Congrats. You're right that estate sale photo looks great. I loved sheer blouses against windows and light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you that's very weet of you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!