Monday, April 27, 2009

summer conundrum

It's been very warm around here lately, and I'm starting to worry about my summer wardrobe. I feel like an idiot saying that, but this is a fashion-y blog so let's go with it! Every time I think I'm wearing something that will be cool enough for this weather, I end up sweating. Most of my clothes are better suited for spring or autumn.

Dress: vintage, Jumper: Forever 21, Bracelet: stamp

One of my problems is that I don't own any dresses that I can comfortably wear without layers. Everything seems to require a slip under or a sweater over. Does anyone else have that problem? I always have trouble finding clothes that stand well alone. Maybe it's just a self-conscious thing.


Anyway, I'm excited about shopping for some warm-weather clothes. Next time I go thrifting, you can bet I'll be looking for some shorts and breezy tops or dresses. What are your favorite summer clothes?

8 comments:

  1. this is a cute summer outfit and i am in the same boat as you, fashion and convenience wise. unless i am bare, in front of the fan i will not sweat. but since that isn't the case, i go with cotton vintage dresses or just cotton in general. i noticed most of vintage stuff has polyester which makes me sweat like an elephant :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit. I am getting so hot lately with this weather--I have to force myself to walk really slow otherwise I overheat! I just like a very lightweight dress (short sleeve, always!) for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just getting into Autumn now, so i'm not currently having problems. When its hot and i can't be bothered thinking about what to wear i throw on a high waisted skirt and a nice t-shirt or something and it seems to work out okay!! I love that little black jumper you are wearing here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite summer clothes are winter clothes with summer clothes underneath. I shed layers according to my surroundings (freezing office vs. sweltering jungle car).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm I have the opposite problem. A lot of the clothes I have are better suited to autumn/winter so I end up very cold! So am not entirely sure I'm the best person to help. However, flipping through hours of Wardrobe Remix pics on Flickr gives me lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think that jumper looks adorable over your dress!! cute cute!! i wear sleeveless dresses all on their not so much for fashion but function -its way hot where i live!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem when it comes to summer clothes! I think I'm doing a bit better this year, and I'm looking for more pieces that can stand alone when I'm thrifting. I always feel like I need to accessorize or put something over it and I'm going to have to break myself of that habit before summer gets here lest I break out in sporadic sweats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what you mean, every summer my wardrobe dwindles down to a handful of things I can actually stand. I think all things white and light cotton linen seem to work best. White even when layered doesn't get as hot as not white. If that makes sense? I find t-shirts hot too. Maybe that's just me?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!