Thursday, March 12, 2009

new swan


The wall above my desk is still being colonized by pretty things! And that clock is way off. The print from Wendy Owens at Orange Willow arrived today! The package was covered in ice. Yes, there is ice everywhere. I was wrong about spring being here!! I'm still new at dealing with seasons, though, so it's a fair mistake. In Texas there is only summer and winter (and one or two nice days in between).

I spent all morning cleaning, and although it's still messy around here, it's better. Unpacked several boxes and my hero took them to the recycling center in this terrible weather. I was rewarded for cleaning by a sale in my shop (at least that's how I like to think it works)! You have to know: every time I sell something, I get completely excited about life.

Anyway, I need to get back to putting shoes and purses in the shop, and maybe more cleaning. Robert's mom and brother are coming to stay with us for a bit next week! Must make room for them to sleep somewhere.

UPDATE, 4:35 p.m.: Today is getting better and better! Robert made hot cocoa and I made another sale. Yes, the shoes I love.. They sold just minutes after I listed them! I yelled an obscenity. But I'm happy.

4 comments:

  1. Is that a teacup in a frame? Is it a DIY? It's a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I love the contrast of the sharp edges of the squares and the softness of the circle clock, and also the contrast between the black, red, and white. Of course, you have the pastels, too, with the pink and blue. Lovely. You're so clever!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ana - Yep! I bought a set of box frames like that in 3 different sizes. They're like little shelves.

    Liz - Thank you! I'm glad you think it's clever! I'm just kinda haphazardly nailing things to the wall... haha.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!