Thursday, March 19, 2009

tagged and awarded

Ana B. of on dressing up has tagged me to do this survey of sorts. I've got some extra time this morning, so here it is! I'm also going to show a couple of pictures of accomplishments around the apartment, just so you don't lose interest entirely.

What is your current obsession?
Thrifting, Etsy, blogging. Those all sort of go together.

What are you wearing today?
Jeans, navy blue top, pink sweater.

What important issue in the world today would you solve if you could?
That's a big question with a lot of answers. Maybe working on the world's food problem... helping establish sustainable, local food sources everywhere.

Why is today special?
The in-laws are coming to visit! And I like them.

What would you like to learn to do?
Make dresses from patterns! The only thing I've ever made from a pattern was pajama pants in my high school sewing class. They came apart that same day. I would like to blame the teacher- she never really taught us anything. Haha.

What's for dinner today?
I believe there's going to be a homemade pizza!

What's the last thing you bought?
Groceries.

What are you listening to right now?
Just normal apartment sounds: the clock above my desk buzzing, the people upstairs squeaking around, Robert cooking something and playing video games at the same time. [I am also choking to death because he's roasting chipotle peppers.]

Finally finished hanging things up over my desk! Not as crooked as it looks.

What is your favorite weather?
Sunny and breezy. I like Spring and Autumn best as seasons, so that sort of weather.

What is on your bedside table?
I don't have a table on my side of the bed! I do, however, have a stack of books on the floor. That's where Robert tosses things he wants me to read, and I inevitably pick them up.

What's your style?
It's currently evolving. Every day when I get dressed I have to tell myself not to overdo it, to keep things simple. Also, whenever I put something on and I don't like it anymore, I'm banishing from my closet. Working on adding more vintage pieces and not buying anything cheaply made.

What is your most challenging goal right now?
Looking for a worthwhile job that won't make me want to claw my eyes out.

What are some of the things you like about where you live?
I love how small Nashville is, even though it's a city. I also love the hills, since I come from a very flat part of Texas. And I love all the flowering trees! Plus the mild weather, all the neat coffee shops, and the fact that they have a farmer's market open 7 days a week. Oh, and Trader Joe's.

Say something about the person who tagged you:
Ana - You're a pretty neat girl! I think it's really cool that the first time you visited my blog, you commented and linked me from yours. Super sweet!

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Since I haven't been to many places in the world, I really don't know. But a paid-for, fully-furnished house HERE would be nice! Especially one of the adorable houses in the 12th South neighborhood.

Favorite vacation spot?
Here. But now that I live here, I suppose I should find another favorite place to visit.

That's our new little cupboard!

Name the things you cannot live without:
Thrift stores, estate sales, sugar, sleeping, and making up songs.

Name a memory from childhood that sticks out in your mind:
Playing hide and seek with my whole family. We would turn out all the lights in the house (but the seeker was allowed to carry around a candle). It was really spooky and fun. I always hid in my closet, because I could get behind my clothes and I was sure no one would see me. One time my dad went out into the car (we didn't think to check the garage!) and fell asleep. It took us an hour to find him.

What person would you like to have in your hands right now?
In my hands? That sounds like it'd have to be a tiny person. I will wish for a pet raccoon.

What would you like to get rid of?
All of the desserts we have. I forgot that my mom was going to mail us cookies, and we bought some yesterday... plus we're about to make a cherry pie. Unfortunately, I think we will end up eating everything.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
I'm fine right here, but like Ana said: H&M anywhere in the Netherlands. Early morning. With coffee in my hand and a limitless credit card. [Sounds pretty good to me! Though someone else better be paying the credit card bill.]

Which language do you want to learn?
I've really given up on languages other than English (though I'm glad I can at least speak that). I took 4 years of French, and all I remember now are a few random words and part of The Stranger (L'Etranger) by Albert Camus that I memorized for a competition. It's the part about killing the Arab on the beach. I'm sure that will come in handy one day.

Which countries have you visited?
I've never been outside of America!! However, I have been all over the middle of America (never even made it to the East or West coast). I like roadtrips.

You have your pick of superpowers. What is it?
When I was in middle school I would watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch after school every day, and my favorite thing was how she could instantly change into any clothes she wanted. I would like to do that, please.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Happy. I think that's a very good answer. I don't have definite plans besides that. Oh, except I may want to open a Bed & Breakfast at some point.


Ana also gave this Lemonade Award to me! (Thank you so much!) I'm really not entirely sure what it's all about, but I've seen it going around. Lemonade for everyone! Family's here now... I'll be back!

5 comments:

  1. The area above your desk looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how much we learned about you in such a small space! What a great idea!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the tag! Yay. I love the story about your dad falling asleep in the garage. He is master hide-and-seeker.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!