Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the beckoning of lovely

I normally don't post more than once a day here, but I'm going to get over my baby-sloth self and go for it! I don't even know how to begin to explain, but there's an amazing project going on that I would like everyone to be a part of!

I suppose this began a couple of weeks back when someone recommended that I read the book Encylopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. I borrowed it from the library, and I would encourage everyone to read it as well. But that's not the point of this post! No!

The point is that upon further reading about Amy (who, I have to admit, I really want to be friends with after reading this book), I found out about her new project: The Beckoning of Lovely. It's difficult to explain with words, but she has invited the universe to make a movie with her. The following video sort of sums it up, but to fully understand the concept, you may want to watch the videos that came before and started all of this.



The exciting thing is that you can actually be a part of this. They are having events throughout the United States and everyone is invited. Of course, they're doing "60 Minutes of Lovely" in Houston in a couple of weeks... and I just left there. No events close to me, so I won't be able to make it. However, I've signed up to be an Ambassador of Lovely, and I'm going to do what I can to promote the events! I think it's the most adorable thing I've seen in a long time.

There is a full list of cities and dates on The Beckoning of Lovely blog. The Portland event already occured, but if you're near Miami, Houston, L.A., San Francisco, Chicago, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Boston or New York (and a few other choice locations), check the list for upcoming events! I think they will definitely be worth attending at the very least (and getting involved with, if you're so inclined). They're still looking for people to perform/film/help. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I thought the film maker for the first second was Mark Wahlberg (sp) haha

    This is a great project and I even got a little teary eyed when so many people showed up! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    It sounds interesting! I have to cook dinner, but I'll come back and check out the video later tonight or in the morning. Thanks for sharing it.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!