Wednesday, March 25, 2009

official business

I'm an official Ambassador of Lovely! I received the most adorable little package from Amy Krouse Rosenthal yesterday. (If you're not sure what I'm talking about, read this blog post.)

The package contained some of Amy's favorite poems, a lollipop, and a stack of cards to hand out to strangers. There was also mention of a dog tag necklace for Ambassadors, but sadly my package had a torn corner and the necklace is MISSING! Oh well. I'm not gonna cry about it. This was nice enough!

My favorite of the 3 poems, by William Carlos Williams

If you're still not sure what I'm talking about, you can visit The Beckoning of Lovely project and see for yourself. Also go there to check for events! Anyone in Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Baltimore, Washington D.C., or New York still has time to get on board! I so so wish I could be in Houston for the 60 minutes of Lovely event! [Tim: If you're reading this, please go with Sarah!! It's Tuesday, March 31st at 6 p.m. at the Blue Willow Bookstore on Memorial Drive! And Sarah: please remember to go! I like you two.]

Speaking of, Diana at our.city.lights gave me the above award! Isn't that sweet? There were a couple more (it was like an awards ceremony over there!), but this is my favorite. Most of you who read my blog already have this award, so I'm only going to pass it onto a very small handful of people. And those people are...

Bianca at Adorntonia - a friend in Houston who makes pretty jewelry (somehow, we never met but have been online friends for a while!)
Sarah at Fistfight Analysis - my sister, who is ridiculously loyal to me (even though I once tried to kill her with a Barbie doll)
Liz at Pseudable Bliss - another online friend, who's kind of a writing mentor for my husband (and very nice to talk to!)

As a token of my appreciation to the rest of you, I've added a list of "Lovely People" to the sidebar of my blog, and you may be linked! If you're on that list, I think you're really neat and I'm glad to know you.

5 comments:

  1. yay congrats!
    you awarded some cool blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    Congrats, and thanks for the nod! That's very sweet of you. I have four little pictures (actually it's a set of two pictures and two mirrors). They're very small with retro frames. Email me your address so I can mail them to you. I'm at:
    lizbrenaman at yahoo dot com.
    You can keep them or sell them on etsy or give them away or chuck them. Whichever, they reminded me of you so I want to send them your way.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rebecca! I read that poem about twenty times over in class yesterday. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, it's magnificent. I like WCW. Also check out his poems "The Young Housewife" and "The Red Wheelbarrow" (which I have already memorized, it is only twelve words).

    Thanks for the award. And I will make Tim go with me. Or someone. I have a Mates of State show that night, too. It'll be a good night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction: there is no Mates of State show that night. I made that up in my head. I'll be at the Blue Willow Bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats - should we call your Your Excellency from now on?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!