Tuesday, March 17, 2009

buttons and projects

Yesterday turned out to be pretty productive: I have a new license plate on my car and a different haircut! Today's goal is to buy some shelves to put in the kitchen because we don't have a pantry or much cabinet space. We're having company in a couple of days, and I need to make everything look a little less crazy. I'm very slow about projects, and very easily distracted... so you can imagine what it looks like around here. Half-unpacked boxes, too many shoes, little stacks of "I want to do something with these" things.

Anyway, I wanted to share a couple of pictures. I have a lot to blog about, but I'm going to save some things for future posts throughout the week!

Some new favorite buttons.

I received the cutest package from someone on swap-bot yesterday. Two aprons, two cookbooks, a neat necklace, and a bag of vintage buttons! It was exciting. While I was finishing dinner last night [I'm a slow eater and must give my husband activities to keep him at the table], Robert sorted through them and rated each button on a scale from 1 to 10. The fish was his definite favorite. That red round one above? It was very poorly rated. "This is a clown nose," he told me. I later agreed and removed it from my favorites pile. But I also added another button (unpictured) because I realized it had a unicorn on it.

Yes, this again.

Last night I also finished a sewing project. I wasn't sure what it was going to be, and then I realized it needed to be a purse. Too lazy to actually make a purse, I sewed it onto one that I've had for a while. I am somewhat pleased with the results and I'm going to send it to a friend. Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute!

    Yay for productivity! I laughed out loud when I read you had stacks of things to do around the house. I have so many of those and yes, I do get easily distracted as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing project is very very cute. You're making it into a purse, you say? Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the fish button is too adorable haha..

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!