Sunday, May 31, 2009

unfocused

It's fairly safe to say I've been incredibly unfocused in the last couple of days. Tomorrow will be June, and I've got family coming to visit at the end of the week! Here are some pictures from around the house this weekend.

Look what I got around to hanging up this morning! It suddenly came to me that we needed to have a cross-stitch wall. Best Friend pendants flocking a wedding gift from my mother-in-law!

And this all takes place above the dresser. The dresser which I bought and painted in February and failed to show you until now. It was $50 at a thrift shop, which I felt was a bit too much (for stingy old me)... but it's so amazing! It's real wood and it's very sturdy and well-made. And now it's the prettiest shade of blue! My favorite part is all the fake drawers - there are actually only 6. Figure that out!

This is me just playing around with the camera after readings posts about self-portraits and the new numbers assignment for Souvenir Foto on the Blah, Blah, Blahg... Funny thing: I tend to only do self-portraits on days when I like my hair.

Robert had to go buy some spices at an Indian store today, and everything came in this bag. The cutest plastic bag I've ever seen! I will actually withhold from recycling this one, I think.

Speaking of spices and such, we're gearing up to take pictures of the dinner process tonight! Still no name for the food blog, so it hasn't come into existence yet!

8 comments:

  1. That is a really cute plastic bag and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indian stores are so great for spices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wall is so darling!
    The line between self-portraits and outfit shots is so blurred for me lately...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm yes. Good hair is crucial for close-up self-portraits! You look gorgeous. I would love perfect curls like yours.

    Now the dresser paired with the cross-stitches, esp. the best friends hearts - have stolen my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wall decor, but especially your dresser! I was about to comment on how awesome it must be to have so many drawers :) $50 is a great price... but I know what you mean. I try to not send over $30 on secondhand furniture, but when it's something that nice you have to splurge.

    Looking forward to the food blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. your dresser looks great and 50 is a steal!
    i love your self portrait, i can't get enough of your curls!!

    also, good luck with your lack of focus- i get that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the hangings above the dresser -perfect!
    good luck with the family visit this week! it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!