Tuesday, May 12, 2009

circle skirts

I had a lot of fun dressing up yesterday! I was working on photographing the clothes mentioned in my last post. They're fun but they're not really my style, so most of these things will be going into my Etsy shop this afternoon.




OKAY, they are actually "my style" - I would have loved to own these things a few years ago! It's funny how priorities change: I really just want simple, comfortable clothes now. That sounds kind of lame, but it's true! Maybe it's all the dressing up I get to do for fun that is driving me to be boring in real life. Here's what I wore to the grocery store yesterday afternoon (after a morning of pretending it was the 1950s).

cardigan: Target, tank top: from my cousin, pants: Delia's (button replaced)

That's not too boring, is it? I'm just trying to calm down my wardrobe, because in the past I've been known to wear some silly things.

8 comments:

  1. Circle skirts are fun! I really like the blue one. I also like the cardigan and Delia's pants. Delia's and Target have really cute items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so pretty even in what you call "boring"! i love the cool stuff you had and hey, wearing the weird stuff is cool in my book. the weirder the better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. comfort is always key! you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your skirts and I also really like your going to the Market outfit. I'm sort of the same way. On Sunday I had three outfit changes. The morning was a purple dress/blouse with leggings and black flats, afternoon we went to the beach and i switched to cotton white blouse shorts and sandals and in the evening we went to Walmart and I changed into jeans and a sweater with flats. I think it depends on what mood you're in I'm guessing? But actually I admire you for wearing 'silly' things. I wish I was more adventurous in what I wear. The purple dress/blouse had me completely self conscious on Sunday. I'm more comfy in casual things. So boring, I really have to get out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the first skirt is gorgeous. *

    ReplyDelete
  6. those skirts are gorgeous! I love circle skirts.
    Your outfit isn't boring at all. I really like the colour of your cardigan.
    I don't "dress up" as much as I used to myself, but I think it's more to do with the weather here getting colder and I keep reaching for the same pants and jacket to keep me warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That giant pocket skirt is too fun. Skirts with pockets are just about the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That gray skirt is so adorable, the pockets really make it.

    I like your grocery store outfit - it looks super comfortable!

    Oh, and about the Awkward Family Photos website...I saw it on that mega-popular blog, Boing Boing, so it probably got around to a few other blogs quickly. But let's just pretend I am in cahoots with your husband, just for the sake of being in cahoots and saying the word "cahoots."

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!