Thursday, May 14, 2009

black and white with a little pink

Finally, an outfit post just for the sake of an outfit post!! Here's what I put on this morning (or afternoon), though I'm not sure if I will make it out of the house in this.

Skirt and shoes are from that sale I went to this past weekend. You may notice I haven't put the skirt in my Etsy shop yet - it may be a keeper! I'm wearing a dress as a blouse (inspired by The Clothes Horse!) and also a capelet that I pulled from the back of my closet. I bought it at The Wet Seal a few years ago and never find enough occasions to wear it.

Hmm, this skirt is wrinkly. Nope, that's not helping. I am lazy about ironing.

This outfit actually solicited two "you-look-very-cute"s from Robert. He was so enthusiastic! Normally the only reaction I can get out of him is, "I'm a boy and I don't know anything about clothes." Success!!!

P.S. Be sure to leave a comment on the giveaway!! I've been overwhelmed by the number of comments already, and I like it! :)

16 comments:

  1. I like this outfit! It is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit :) I love the pattern on the skirt and the hint of pink with the blouse is very girly. I'm really lazy about ironing too. I think I may just be bad at it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. success indeed! when my hubby mentions i look nice i make a mental note and think ok this combo is a keeper! ;)
    awesome skirt! love that you paired it with pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a dress as a blouse! i remember seeing that and it looks so cute on you! i need to try it :)

    btw, LOVE my top! love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely outfit :)
    I love wearing dresses as blouses too. So simple, but makes it so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that skirt!

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tim said that a bunch yesterday too, because I was wearing a new red blouse with a black skirt. He said I looked "ready." Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you look adorable with the capelet. It's a great complement. *

    ReplyDelete
  9. I passed the award right back at you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. boys are so funny when it comes to clothes! you do look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do look cute. So nice when boys actually notice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that skirt!! And yay for the reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty! i need to start using some of my dresses as tops. that's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!