Monday, May 18, 2009

sunshine

I feel I've been ignoring my camera a little too much lately. Obviously I still take pictures, but I haven't been capturing things the way I used to - just for the fun of it. So when I saw this post about Miss B's Photo School, I got really excited. Miss B. is owner of the Blah, Blah, Blahg and creator of the Bright Side Project. She has decided to start a flickr group called Souvenir Foto and she's giving out assignments!

This appeals to me greatly. The first assignment was to take a picture which represented the word 'sunshine'. I haven't decided which one to submit to the group yet, but this has definitely made me get out of the house a little bit more.


The weather is amazing today. I guess all that rain brought in a cool breeze - it was actually a bit cold this morning! We walked to the library and post office just before lunch, and it was perfect. Bright and sunny, but with just enough cool air to make everything pleasant.


And look who we saw!! I know I mentioned a couple of rabbits here a while back. This time I happened to have my camera. The baby ran off before we had time to look at him - probably I scared him by [quietly] shouting, "Rabbits! Rabbits! Rabbits!!" I suppose they live in this little clearing, or just hang out there.


And on the way home I spotted this old baseball. America!! Now I need to drink some lemonade.

Everyone, don't forget to comment on the giveaway if you're interested! I will be picking a winner in 2 days!

7 comments:

  1. Your walks always sound lovely Rebecca! I adore the rabbit photo, I have a pet rabbit (did you know?) and he has the cutest run... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day you will get a close up of the little rabbit!
    getting sunshine is such a simple but amazing thing you can do to take care of yourself, i need to do it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a rabbit!! looks like such a cutie!

    I love the bright yellow on that flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my uncle has rabbits they are so sweet! the flower photo is gorgeous for the sunshine assignment! it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! lovely lovely photos! what a beautiful day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was promised rabbits in NY, and I didn't see any. :(

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!