Tuesday, May 26, 2009

birthday party

Today has been one of the longest, most productive days Robert and I have had in a really long time. Between the two of us we helped a friend move, went to work, sent out some packages, and had a job interview. However, this evening has been fun and relaxing, and here is a little proof.

Above: How I set the table this morning before I went to work. Vintage table cloth, Robert's one present (isn't that sad?) and a special birthday crown. I was hoping to make a few surprise presents and a card for him this morning, but I failed. Bad!!

His birthday cake! Carrot with cream cheese frosting. So so good - he made it himself, of course, but he let me decorate it! I was lazy: just swirled the frosting and threw on some vintage cake decorations. Little green baby heads go with every occasion, right?

The one present! It's little, but it's special. I've been wanting to write about it on my blog for so long but it was a surprise! I got these little best friend needlepoint decorations at thegreatnorthern on etsy - their whole shop is Twin Peaks themed. This is supposed to be like Laura Palmer's necklace! Everything in their shop is hilarious/adorable!! We haven't decided where to put these yet, but I'll let you know if they find a place on the wall to live!

Look at my birthday boy!!! Officially 28. I asked him if he wanted to wear the crown and he told me that he'd actually been wondering if he could all afternoon! So I made him put on this "cape" and pose for me. It's okay that I treat him like a 5 year old because it's consensual and we both act that age.

These are some friends that showed up for the party. Pillow Monster and Gremmy! Pillow Monster is a friend I made for Robert a few years ago, and Gremmy is something we got on Etsy to replace one of his childhood toys. It's Gizmo from Gremlins!! Happy Birthday, buddy! [I have promised him we will have a post-birthday party tomorrow.]

11 comments:

  1. This has been such a surreal, awesome birthday. Let's go hug, right away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, your husband is so cute in his crown! i love the gifts he got and that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha nice crown and the little Gizmo is too cute!oh and happy birthday to your man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Great pictures! Too funny with the crown and cape! Superhero! You should think of a superhero name for him. : )

    Wonderful post. Cheered me up!

    ps: I received the prize and absolutely love it! Amazing! I don't have time to take pictures, so I'm waiting to put it on my blog until then. Probably this weekend. But I love it dearly and will cherish it. Going to take it to my Gram's to show it off!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how wonderful!! i love the crown haha and the cape! lovely fun whimsical playfulness you two have!
    love reading and seeing your fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE carrot cake + cream cheese icing! yum yum. happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Robert!! He looks absolutely stunning. JUST LIKE A KING. You guys are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That crown is awesome! Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, the picture of him in his 'cape' and crown is too awesome! it reminds me of something my husband would do. and that carrot cake looks amaziiiing! your blog is making me so hungry these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your Robert dear Rebecca! This is a great post, the cake looks amazing and your twin peak BF's wall decor is perfect. I love the crown and blanket cape photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your boy! He looks so couture in that blanket & crown ;) And that cake?! Men who bake can do no wrong in my books.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!