Monday, June 22, 2009

summer is officially here

It's HOT outside. I got in my car earlier and when I touched the steering wheel it burned my hands! Fortunately I keep a handy pair of Batman gloves in my car. They certainly weren't dainty driving gloves, but they did the job. My fingers still hurt, though!


Who can tell that I got a haircut? I know, it's not very noticeable as far as length goes (just about an inch and a half), but it certainly feels better to me! It was getting out of shape and starting to annoy me. I've been trying to grow it out, but I keep coming back to this length. I think it suits me pretty well and it's very easy to maintain.


Does anyone know what this thing is? Robert and I took a walk to the library and post office yesterday evening - it was fairly magical. Aside from seeing about 7 rabbits along the way, we began noticing lightning bugs (or fireflies... whatever you call them!) and we even caught one on a library book for a little bit. And then we found this thing on the ground.


We took it home to do scientific research (i.e. we cut it open and then Robert licked it and made a face and threw it away). It looks like a breadfruit, though I think we're very far from its native region. Anyone want to take a guess? I thought I'd see if I could get some answers here!

12 comments:

  1. How smart - I should keep gloves in my car too, to protect my little paws from the searing wheel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude that fruit is wicked. Don't eat anymore of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair is so gorgeous, is it naturally curly? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your batman gloves sound cool Rebecca! :) and your hair looks cute... it's easier to style when it's shorter isn't it? Mine gets to a certain length and it's impossible to fix.

    No help with the fruit, but it look pineapple'ish doesn't it? Shame about the taste... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your curls! have i told you that? only a million times i bet!

    that fruit looks foreign. i hope your hubby is well after he licked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks lovely. & love that necklace, too.

    No idea on that fruit--it looks like pineapple inside but the outside is just strange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. I have no idea either! I cannot tell you how much I sympathize with burning your hands on the steering wheel.lol. Ouchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate driving when the car was outside with all this hot weather. I don't have any batman gloves so all I can do is wait until the steering wheel gets a little colder.

    You have such a beautiful hair. The curls are soooo cute. *

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh your necklace matches the fruit! of which i have no earthly idea what that could be!!
    and yes once needs gloves for driving when the temp outside is 100! yikes! its hot hot hot!
    (your hair is lovely is it curly like that or do you curl it?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh! Your boyfriend is very game licking an unknown fruit! Love your hair by the way - gorgeous necklace too! It's so strage to hear you talk about the heat. I was blogging about the horrendous heat in Sydney in February - now I can't imagine it as it's sooo cold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea but I'd love to find out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your haircut is gorgeous, hun! You look beautiful. I always wish I had wavy, curly hair like yours. For a while there I thought it was durian! But it isn't. Hope the fingers are well. Must have been hot driving with gloves on.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!