Monday, June 15, 2009

good news

the view from our front door at sunset

I've been a bad blogger lately - I know! For the last few days I've been either ridiculously busy or just trying to relax and do nothing. I struck a nice balance today, and something excellent happened: Robert got a job!

Those of you who have been reading for a while know that he hasn't worked since February, when we moved to Nashville from Texas. We both took a break to do our own thing (he's writing young adult novels and trying to find a literary agent) - which was incredibly nice - but we started to get slightly worried... I'm sure everyone is well aware of the state of the American economy and job market. So this is great news: we will now have a steady income and health insurance (as long as everything works out, he should start working next Monday).

It also means a lot of doorways have opened up. Yesterday we started looking for houses to rent because our apartment lease is over at the end of July. NOW, not only will we be looking in a different location (more convenient to the job), but there's also the possibility that we could wait a bit longer and *buy* a house. I'm sure you can imagine how excited I am! (If not, the answer is: very excited.)

Anyway, I thought I would let you all know what's going on! There may or may not be a new recipe up tonight on the hungry lemur, depending on how much excitement and celebration goes on around here. I hope everyone is having an equally happy day!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm really proud of you guys. You're two in a million. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i know how excited you are! it's a huge step and congrats! (we are house hunting, too btw!) it was a great relaxing period for the time but now back to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful! I'm helping my boyfriend house hunt too because ... it's gonna be MY house too. :) So much excitement going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That is really exciting news! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's so exciting. I've been looking for a new job myself for a LONG TIME, and things are pretty static.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful! I'm happy for you and your man. Hope you find the perfect place to settle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Sounds fun and exciting... hope he loves his new job and that you find a lovely new home.

    Off to look at the new recipe! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your warm get better wishes! I was feeling pretty down earlier and they made my day :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations y'all! thats such wonderful news! yay! oh and hopefully you will get to buy that would be so so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!