Tuesday, June 23, 2009

modish vintage and midcentury decorating

I'm hoping to list a few items in my Etsy shop this afternoon. I've decided that I'm not going to buy any vintage clothes for the shop until after we move, and I'm trying to get everything listed that I've been stowing away. Hopefully I can sell a few things so I won't have to haul them to the new apartment. I am planning to go to an estate sale later this week, but this time I'll be looking for a few pieces of furniture that need replacing. I'm excited because this will be the first time I've allowed myself to even consider buying any big items... yay!! Of course, they'll have to fit in my little car, which will limit me greatly.

Anyway, I was planning to share a few of my favorite etsy items today (including dresses) until I stumbled upon ModishVintage. Seeing how I'm in nesting/decorating mode, my jaw sort of dropped when I saw all of the lovely domestic goodness... So now this post is dedicated entirely to this one shop and the lovely items there. Here are a few of my favorites!


I don't really need any of these things, and it's not exactly the items themselves- honestly I think it's the simple, clean nature of the photographs. Aren't they nice? Oh, and there's a Modish Vintage blog as well! Oh... [sorry, I didn't plan this post at all - it's kind of just happening as I type-- this is exciting!] Now I've just discovered the Mid-Century Modern Interiors group on flickr. Very amazing stuff. Oh boy, I can tell I'm going to be distracted all afternoon.

12 comments:

  1. i love that group on flickr! such awesome photos and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog, thanks so much for the feature.

    Evelyn
    http://modishvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, the photographs are what make this most appealing. But the items are nice too. I love the bowls and the candleholders especially. Have you ever seen a shop with cute stuff but horrible photography. It does make a difference doesn't it? Ok, I'm off to check all the links... thank you for sharing the lovely distractions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the prettiest things! I swear my first apartment is going to be so jammed with random things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those candle holders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, I really like all the vintage pieces on your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the lotus bowls are gorgeous! love the pretty turquoise color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the candle holders are so delicate and refined! That would make such a nice little touch in any home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those lotus bowls! And such a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so cute! even if i don't have a baby, i still like the baby one, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!