Monday, June 8, 2009

pretty little things

Here are a few things I found this weekend that I'm hoping to put into my Etsy shop this afternoon! [Hopefully I will feel obligated to add them since I'm posting them here.] The rest of my week is starting to look busy, so I'm hoping for a little shop update!

Check out this adorable Avon bottle! It's the Princess of Yorkshire which came out in 1976 and originally held Sweet Honesty cologne - now it just smells faintly like a little old lady. But it sure is cute! I found it amongst shelves of junk at a thrift store.

A colorful little clutch bag! This and everything below were found at an estate sale we went to Friday morning.

Some sweet plaid shorts from the 1960s (I'm guessing). A little bit too exciting for me! Yes, I am aware that by tucking the t-shirt I was wearing into those shorts, I became a certifiable nerd.

Look at this sweet little bed jacket, for wearing over a nightgown! It's super soft and silky.


And last but not least... NO, these paintings aren't for sale! My sister bought them at the estate sale and I'm going to have to ship them to her! It was the estate of a woman named Lula - she was a painter from China. You wouldn't believe the paintings packed into that little house. She seemed to specialize in portraits, mostly of women, and they were all amazing!

I bought a few other things (some to keep) that I haven't taken pictures of yet. Anyway, if you see something here that you like, check to see if it's in my Etsy store yet! I'm also going to be adding this dress - I gave up on altering it when I got a couple of new dresses this weekend.

12 comments:

  1. lovely finds and wow those paintings are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I found your blog through Gabbi of Felinofelice! So glad - because it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic finds! The two portraits are especially darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shorts are gorgeous and those portraits are lovely too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWEEE! Those paintings from Lula are intensely amazing. It completely suits the magazine, Lula!

    I've given you 4 awards, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great finds. Those shorts and the bed jacket are great, unfortunately I am faced with the dilemma of having to many things and too little space to keep them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clutch is so cute. Love the amount of colours. *

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new finds Rebecca! Especially that little puppy and those shorts. I love those paintings your sister found too. Were they very expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those paintings are gorgeous--what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa i love those sweet looking shorts! that nightie looks like a beautiful blouse! and the paintings! great choices, as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!