Saturday, January 31, 2009

peanut butter cookies

I made peanut butter cookies last night, and I forgot how easy and yummy they are. So now I will force my recipe upon the general public, and demand that you make some!

Ingredients!!

* 1 cup butter
* 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 1/2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Before baking!

If you want to know the secret, it's no eggs. I was just making regular peanut butter cookies one time and left out the eggs accidentally (how? It Happens). I made those cookies anyway and they were super crumbly and delicious. You can mess up like me; failure tastes great! Removing the eggs can also be a dietary thing (sure!) and I bet it'd be easy to make this into a vegan recipe if you replaced the butter with something else.

They generally taste the same before and after baking, if you play your cards right.

Directions!!

1. Mix together butter, peanut butter and sugars really well, preferably with a mixer.

2. In a separate bowl, sift together the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix them with the rest of the batter. Put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour!

3. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and put them on a cookie sheet. Squish them with a fork, making the criss-cross pattern.


4. Bake them [oh yeah, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Farenheit] in the oven for about 10 minutes. I don't even like mine to get brown.

Ballerina? I really wanted to decorate *something* with it.

And then - why not? - you can put silly decorations on your cookies. I just scored a big bag of old plastic cake decorations from my childhood. This ballerina is missing a hand. I bet it was a dancing accident.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yum. I haven't had peanut butter cookies in so long. I'm going to make some tomorrow with your no egg recipe. The kids will be so happy. I bet you can substitute apple sauce for the butter.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that apple sauce would be the right consistency to replace butter, but I know you can use it to replace oil in a lot of recipes! Butter's pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look yummy!! I need to try out your recipe. TFS!! Andrea (angeponge from Swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!