Tuesday, January 13, 2009

well hello

Being that this is a first-time blog post, it will probably be awkward. But I'd rather be vague than overshare, so I'll try to keep the incoherent babbling to a minimum.

Here are the basics: I am 22. I like dressing up and eating cake and making crafty things. I am married to a delightful man who loves writing and cooking. We have a lot of fun together and we do a lot of neat stuff. He is currently trying to become a published writer, and I am currently a housewife.

Don't judge me by my Roomba and my Obama magnet and magician calendar and teapot on the fridge.

I probably won't be a housewife for long. We're moving to Nashville in approximately a month, and I may get a job there. I only recently quit my office job and resolved to never work in an office again (tip: moving is the most polite way to quit a job). I've been enjoying my time at home.

It's probably okay to judge me by my boots.

And for some reason I wanted to start a blog today. It seems like a good idea. Hopefully I'll be posting pretty things here, fashion and art and such. I guess we'll find out!

Just as a way to jump into this, here is something I made yesterday. I didn't have a birthday gift for my aunt, and I didn't want to spend money, and I was itching to cut up this Dick & Jane calendar I kept in my old office. Using some pictures that didn't have drawn-on mustaches, I made this birthday card.

The front. I really only added the lace to cover up some extra glue, but I ended up liking that most of all.

The inside. I glued in paper from a scrapbooking kit (which I normally use as stationary).

The back. It was a bit messy, but I still like how the text seems intended when it was only fortunate folding that placed it there.

That's all I've got for today. Hopefully my writing-for-an-audience (even if it's invisible) and photography skills will improve over time.

1 comment:

Tell me something!