Sunday, January 18, 2009

clothing exchange

My sister and I had a clothing exchange party last night. The idea is to get a bunch of girls together and trade clothes that you don't want anymore. It's a super way to recycle clothes and get new vintage stuff! The funny thing about this particular party is that everyone ended up backing out at the last minute. So it was just US. Which was completely fine with me because we had fun and ate cake and talked about boys and tried on each others' clothes. It was almost identical to that one time we had an apartment together for 6 months.

The cake was eaten! And it was delicious! Like a big oatmeal cookie... with coconut on top.

We traded some clothes! Some of it was stuff we had previously owned and swapped years ago - if you wait long enough you usually want your old clothes back. I got some scarves and 2 skirts and a couple of shirts. Here is the best thing of all! This skirt is so amazing!


I just want to apologize for making that face.

I actually wore that outside today. It's warm enough! Texas weather is completely unpredictable. Back in December it was 70 degrees one day and then the next day it snowed. I'm really trying to collect winter clothing for when we move to Nashville because I know they have real seasons there.


It's just the best fabric ever. It reminds me of gingerbread houses!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. LOVE the skirt. My sisters and I live 130 miles apart. This brings a smile to my face, remembering when we lived close enough to "pop in."

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!