Tuesday, February 24, 2009

little bits

I haven't been great about taking nice photos or doing creative projects lately, but I promise I'm getting some stuff done! This morning my husband received an amazing response from a literary agent who wants to see the full manuscript of his book. I'm helping him review the whole thing and polish it up. It's a little tiring because this is probably the 5th or 6th time I've read it, but it's changed drastically since the first draft. He says he can't tell if it's good anymore, but I think it is.

That's a little sewing box, floating above my sewing machine!

That's my excuse for not being inspired to make lovely things. However, I'm very excited because on Friday I'm going to a couple of estate sales to see what I can see... Being unemployed gives me the opportunity to be the first person there, and perhaps I'll find some treasures!

I know it's kind of morbid... but also fascinating.

6 comments:

  1. That sewing box! Where did it come from?

    How are estate sales morbid? Everyone dies. I hope people have a blast at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - I'm not sure where it came from... I think Mom gave it to me at some point!

    Yeah, I was thinking about it last night: I guess I don't actually think *estate sales* are morbid; we grew up with dead people's furniture all around us. I suppose just being excited about dead people's stuff may be morbid? Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's adorable! I wish I had one of those for all my plant seeds. Maybe I can make one.

    Nah, not morbid. It's just recycling.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's morbid, silver lining and all that...it's a goal of mine to go to some one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OKAY, okay - so it's not really morbid! I see we all agree here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!! Yes, that is very similar! Yours is even cuter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!