Monday, February 16, 2009

century girl

My husband was sweet and got me something I wanted for Valentine's Day: a book! This book, specifically.

Century Girl: 100 Years in the Life of Doris Eaton Travis, Last Living Star of the Ziegfield Follies

I had mentioned it a while back, and he was super thoughtful to get it for me! I haven't honestly seen that many silent films, but I did go through a stage a few years ago where I was obsessed with silent film stars. However, I'd never heard of Doris Eaton until a few other bloggers mentioned this book. It's absolutely amazing.

The layout is sort of a scrapbook or collage style, and it's so fun to look at!

I think it's very inspirational fashion-wise and creatively.



Is there anything more adorable? She still dances, at age 104.


It's very interesting to read, as well! Oh, and I just remembered something exciting! The day before we moved, I went over to my parents' house to get a few more of my things. Two of those things were dresses that belonged to my great-great-aunt; I think they're from the 30s. And yes, they fit me. But they need a little work. I will let you know what I decide to do with them!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that book looks amazing. I so want to steal it from you! I love the Zeigfield Follies and the layout of this looks excellent. You are a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!