Wednesday, September 9, 2009

today is a good day

I've been ridiculously productive today, and I'm proud of myself! You might not believe it, but being home alone all day generally doesn't provide much motivation to get things done. Sometimes a lack of posts and pictures here means nothing inspiring is going on, but in the last couple of days, it's meant I'm keeping busy. And that's a good thing! But here are some pictures of things that have been going on lately, to try and win your favor back.

Pretty heirloom tomatoes!

After the last couple of weeks of birthday celebrations and good times in general, Robert and I are sort of dieting this week. When I say "sort of" I mean he's actually seriously dieting, and I usually end up going along with whatever he does because I'm like a child and can't make food.. haha. Anyhow, I took pictures of the dinner process last night, and whenever Robert writes the text to go along with them, there will be a new recipe on our food blog! I'll let you know when that happens.

I have a secret love for low-light photos.

Yesterday evening I started decorating with a few of my birthday presents. This is a little cabinet in our dining room where we store miscellaneous kitchen items which don't live in the kitchen. And you probably can't see the framed photo from this view, but remember this print I won? It's finally found its new home!

Ignore the wrinkles!

And finally, here's my first finished embroidery project!! I know steam isn't brown, but it made sense at the time! What do you think? I think I'm going to iron this and mail it to my mom. She'll appreciate it; moms love that sort of thing, right?

I especially enjoyed these little loopy sections!

So, that's what I've been up to. I was actually excited about doing laundry this morning so I would have some things to iron... specifically because I wanted to do an iron-on pattern and begin a new embroidery project! And that's exactly what I've been doing all afternoon. I think I may have reached a new level of housewivery. Do I get a reward?

With the new project, I've been taking pictures of each step. I was planning to do a tutorial post today, just a simple how-to about beginning a project and the easiest stitches... but I don't think I'll have enough time before Robert gets home.
Do you know what's going to happen as soon as he gets home? The Beatles: Rock Band. YES! (Of course - he pre-ordered it and it was delivered today- If this game had come out when I was about 10 years old, I would have died from happiness. My sister and I had a major case of Beatlemania in the mid-90s.)

But expect a tutorial tomorrow! I promise I'll do it!

6 comments:

  1. great job on the embroidery! it looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the embroidery!
    I know what you mean about being home alone all day. I procrastinate and I can stay unmotivated if I don't set goals :P

    AH did you order Rock Band from Amazon? Our mail goes to my mother in law's so Scott is stopping on the way home after work to pick up the package. SO Excited!!
    I just subscribed to your food blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think every child goes through a beatlemania phase! mine hit at around 6th grade ... i stole ALL of my dad's beatles anthologies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embroidery is charming Rebecca!! Good luck with your healthy week! I can hear your body saying thank you from here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous Rebecca!!! I must must play Beatles: Rock Band :) Seriously... I just want to sing and play once to 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'... such a dork huh? Also, I love your embroidery. I'm waiting for more of your work on your shop soon.

    Hope you're having a fantastic week. Play 'Guitar' once for me yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned to speak English with Beatles music and I got a little teary eyed playing it. I'm such a dork!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!