Monday, September 28, 2009

easy breezy

The rain has finally stopped. After nearly a week and a half of constant stormy weather, it feels amazing outside. Cool, sunny, a nice breeze... excellent for spending time outdoors. I have a few errands to run today, so I spent a bit of time dressing up. It's been a while since I did any outfit photos - I've been boring lately. I'm excited about the upcoming seasons, though, because I am a layering fiend.

My hair is getting increasingly unruly!

Look at my bracelets while I watch someone bike by, like a startled rabbit!

I know, I know, I wear this jumper all too often. But we're in love.

This is the best way to avoid making a cheesy "outfit photo" face.

This is actually the third thing I put on this morning - the first two outfits were no good. I think I may ban anything with puff sleeves from my wardrobe, because I always feel uncomfortable with how I look in those. Cheap accessories [minus the wedding ring] courtesy of a bag of makeup and jewelry I recently stumbled upon from my high school years. Ah, nostalgia! Sparkly rubber bangle bracelets!

Also, even though you can't see them, I'm wearing some tights that I picked up from the thrift store last week. Before you get grossed out, let me just say that they were new in the box! Well, it had been opened... but the tights still looked like they would fit a baby, so I knew no one had been wearing them.

13 comments:

  1. You are seriously adorable! I think your hair looks great! It is still too hot here to layer anything :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuuuuuute. Your hair is great.. don't do anything to it. perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and outift Rebecca, I really like that jumper so I can see how the love thing goes :) Also, the bracelets are very pretty!

    Wishing you a wonderful new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your unruly hair - I wish mine was a little wilder!! Very sweet outfit - accessories are cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your hair, it frames your face very elegantly. You look just super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i buy "new" tights from thrift stores all the time! where else can you get hunter green tights for a dolla?!

    also your hair is gorgeous! i wish mine was wavy like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love layered dresses. I keep meaning to try this look. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute in these photos! I especially like your "startled" look in the second one.

    And gosh, your hair looks GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair! The curls are so pretty. I'm definitely excited for layering, too. I've missed it over the summer...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so so adorable, Rebecca! I've missed you and your blog. I'm so sorry I haven't been around in so long.

    Join Twitter! I know you want too!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!