Thursday, September 3, 2009

rainy days


Check out this awesome rain coat! Yesterday afternoon I decided to check out a thrift store* I haven't been to before, and I'm so glad I went. My first impression was, "Wow... this place is nice." Everything seemed in very good condition and thoughtfully arranged. I wasn't sure it was my kind of thrift store, though (I'm sure you know what I mean!), until I found a rack of 50% off Autumn coats. Everything on that rack was amazing, and I immediately grabbed an armful of retro raincoats that were priced between $5-8 (and marked half off of that). I had to calm myself down when I found all of the boots... I actually had to go put most of the coats back because they were getting in the way of my boot-looking. Oh, I wish I'd had an excuse to buy some of those boots! Unfortunately, most of them weren't vintage (so I couldn't justify getting them to resell) and none of them fit me. But I shall return in the future to peruse that boot section!

Anyhow, there's an incredible thunderstorm going on today and I'm trying to figure out how to jump-start my brain [it's so dark out - I don't want to do anything]! I've obviously fallen off the blogging-wagon this week. There are just so many things to do. I'm going to try to add a few things to my Etsy shop this afternoon - keep an eye on it if you'd like!

*If you're curious, it was Our Thrift Store, and I'd definitely recommend a visit by anyone who happens to be in the area! I had a little chat with the owner; he was super nice! I can't wait to go back for more thrifting action (and for personal shopping.. because really, I wanted everything there).

5 comments:

  1. Love the coat! It looks awesome on you! Sounds like a pretty awesome thrift store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great find! I love finding thrift stores so unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you look so cute and stylish in that raincoat - I love the detail on the shoulders! That thrift store sounds very dangerous - for the wallet I mean!! Have a lovely weekend! Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that looks awesome on you (as does everyhing)!!!

    Hey, thanks for the blog award the other day, too! I'm working on a post about awards I've gotten lately. Didn't want you to think I've forgotten! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!