Saturday, August 15, 2009

weekend flowers

I don't consider myself much of a flower person-- at least not the typical kind, who finds roses beautiful and enjoys bouquets made by florists; I don't even own a proper vase!-- but lately I've enjoyed bringing fresh flowers into our house every week or so. This morning I came home with a zinnia and a sunflower from our CSA pickup. The couple who runs our CSA is adorable; their son, Ira, was selling sunflowers for $1 each this morning. I had to have one!




For some reason, using the macro settings on my camera to take closeups of flowers is irresistible to me. There are so many neat textures to explore!



And of course, I'm getting pollen everywhere. I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

8 comments:

  1. they look beautiful! I love taking close-up shots of flowers too. The details are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I'm the same way with flowers- glad to see that sunflowers speak to you though :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm flower crazy. And I love fresh flowers in the house. Bouquets from florists are a bit too rigid for me. Pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cost of flowers = $1

    Gorgeous photos = Priceless.

    :)

    (That was my American express thing)

    Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I just found your blog and I think its great!!! And these flower pics ae utterly gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zinias are wonderful - one of my faves (along with gerbras) dsort of like fancy daisies - these are gorgeous close ups you've taken here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my best friend brought be flowers (carnations!) upon her arrival, and they've lasted over a week now! these pictures are so pretty!

    ps. i dont own a proper vase, either!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!