Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the return of vintage to my blog!

It has been a ridiculously long time since I last took photos for my Etsy shop. I FINALLY got around to doing some of that this morning. I think one of the [many] reasons that I've been procrastinating is that I thought I wanted to keep some of these things. Let me show you! [Note: you can click to enlarge the pictures.]


First off, this checkered dress. It's one of those homemade things I received from my mom so long ago. After I photographed it to go in the shop a while back, I decided it looked very cute on me. However, this morning I realized it's just a photo trick - in real life when I wear it, you can see that it's too big for me. So this one has to go!


And isn't this red belt adorable? My sister gave it to me during her visit here in June. Not intending to sell this... just wanted to finally show it off!


Now, onto this drop-waist dress that I ADORE! I've tried to make this work before. Trouble is, this dress is just way too big for me. The photo above is how I'd like it to fit. But honestly...


It just hangs on me like a potato sack. It's so sad! This dress is a size 12. I've considered trying to take it in a few inches, but seeing how this one was professionally made... and my seams would probably be very badly made... I just don't want to mess it up. This dress deserves better! So it must go to a loving home. Please, take it away!


Hmm. You know, I never gave much thought to this navy dress. I bought it at an estate sale a few months ago (and removed that hideous lace collar). Now that I'm really looking at it, though, I kind of like it. And it actually fits me, so maybe it's worthy of a second thought [meaning: I may store this one away for myself a while longer].


This belt didn't come with the dress, but I like it. Another estate sale find... possibly worth hanging onto? Maybe a bit longer.


Ah yes, the mushroom dress! I was really excited about this at first - who wouldn't be??? But like some of the things above, it's just a bit too big for me. Also, it has *one* belt loop right under the bust, which is the worst place I can think of for a belt. I think it's time for me to let this one go.


How about this sweater? I think it's rather adorable, but it's a bit bulky for my taste. And very warm, which doesn't appeal to me right now - I'd rather think about summer things.

My camera battery is tired, so I think I'm done with photos for the day. I'm going to try to make myself focus on listing as many of these things as possible in my Etsy shop. Give me a pat on the back! I've been out of my vintage habit for too long! However, I promise I'll be back with full force fairly soon!

14 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm loving all your pictures and the belt looks great on you. That was like $3 at the Heights Buffalo Exchange.

    Good luck with all your shop stuff! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must keep that navy blue dress! You look gorgeous in it!! So stylish and flattering but a bit funky/ quirky at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dresses Rebecca! I would keep them all... but I agree with Sam, the the blue looks great on you. A definite keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh, they're all gorgeous! I can't decide which one I like the most. Everytime I do, I keep scrolling and find they just keep getting better, lol. That mushroom print is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the dresses are cute but I absolutely love the way you wear the first one with the red belt and shoes. *

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i remember that navy blue dress!! great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, email me! i have a question!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree with the above commenters - do keep the blue dress! i love that striped dress, but i think it'd be a sack on me too :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute clothes, cute photos! Pats on the back for all that work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful retro dresses and belts... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Horse Training Tips and baby horses for sale tips brought to you on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mushroom dress is so cute! Too bad it doesn't fit. Could you maybe have it tailored?
    And that knotted belt is killing me. I would say keep it except I want you to sell it so I can buy it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!