Monday, July 13, 2009

blueberry buttermilk cake


You know what I like? I like it when I email Robert a link to a recipe and then, 2 days later, come home from work to find he's made it for me. You'd be surprised how often this happens. This week it was a recipe for raspberry buttermilk cake. I found the link to it from this blog post (in which cherries were used). Robert used blueberries! The cake is so fluffy and light and just the right amount of sweet!

Speaking of recipes and neat things found on blogs, this is the coolest idea I've ever seen for putting together a collection of recipes: using an old encyclopedia and gluing your favorite recipes in alphabetically! I'm thinking that I'll begin a similar project when I have a little more time on my hands-- except I think I'll just make neat pages for our favorite recipes and then put them in plastic pages in a binder. Cookbooks around here tend to get really messy.

7 comments:

  1. Very cool idea with the encyclopedia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That cake looks delicious... also really like the cookbook idea. I love seeing pretty handwritten things. My mom has a small cookbook she started as a teenager with her favorite recipes from her mom and aunts and cousins. It's a complete treasure to me, but hard to read since it's in spanish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good - and it's *almost* local blueberry season here. Love that encyclopedia idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That cake looks so delicious. Haha, I like how you can send a recipe to your husband and he'll most likely make it later! If my bf was like that I'd send him recipes all the time of stuff I want to eat.

    That encyclopedia cookbook idea is really creative - you know that print encyclopedias are becoming obsolete when people are using them for projects like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks divine! Man, I'm so hungry....lol

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!