Tuesday, July 28, 2009

all moved in!

I'm finally back online! A few of you may have noticed some comments on your blogs -- I'm really trying to catch up with everyone. It's going to take a while, though: I have over 200 unread items on my Google Reader. So please be patient with me, and don't think I've abandoned you!

Our new apartment is excellent. It's a huge mess right now, a maze of boxes and displaced furniture, but excellent all the same. We live right next to a cemetery, a grocery store, a delicious Thai food place and a thrift shop - I could probably stay within a 1 mile radius of this apartment for years and never get bored. And if I wanted to go outside of that 1 mile bubble, we're now about 15 miles south of Nashville ::: I can't tell you how happy I am to be in a small town without all that traffic! It's lovely.


My new favorite place is our balcony. It faces a bunch of trees, so it's very private and I imagine I will be taking a lot of photos out there! I also have a dream to one day sleep on the balcony, under the stars, but that will have to wait until we take care of a little wasp problem.


I even like the spider webs. Maybe I can train the spiders to help me get rid of the wasps. It's been raining all morning here and I'm just having the loveliest day. Since we live close to Robert's new job, he was able to come home for lunch. We spent most of that hour hunting for the SD card reader so I could upload these pictures from my camera. I've really been wanting to update here.


And this post wouldn't be complete without a donut picture. Even though we spent all day Saturday moving heavy furniture and getting overheated, Robert and I woke up around 5:30 on Sunday morning. We decided to have an adventure, so we made an early morning trip to our old apartment for a few more things and got donuts at Fox's Donut Den! Quite predictably, we became exhausted very early on Sunday. I think today is the first time in a while that I've felt well-rested and like my brain is back to normal!

I've just reopened my Etsy shop, but I probably won't be adding anything until I'm a bit more settled in. However, I suspect that soon enough I'll be finding treasures all over the place... I'm really excited about the vintage clothes I may find in this new town!

P.S.!!! Look what I found while catching up on blog-reading --- BABY SLOTH!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new place! Looks really fantastic. I'm still contriving a way to come up there for a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That place souds awesome! That donut looks so good (and I don't like donuts)!

    That little sloth is so cute! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new home sounds lovely. I hope the settling in process goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new apartment sounds great. Close to a thai place and a thrift shop? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love moving. i feel like i throw out all the bad stuff!

    i love your little nook by the window and happy moving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i hate it when i get backed up in my google reader.. i always feel overwelmed. :D

    i adore the picture of the spider web

    hope you love your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. are you near green hills?! my grandfather taught at hillsboro high school and used to go to the donut den all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww ... two sets of my grandparents live in franklin! :-) i LOVE it there .. the square, pinkerton park, all the cute shops! i'm sure you'll have so much fun living there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely! We moved about a month ago and phew am I glad it's over! Your new abode looks neat!! ...and I went and checked out that baby sloth - excuse me!!! I think he is the king of cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AA!! yay for getting all snuggly and moved into your new place!
    it's such a lovely feeling when your partner is close enough that they can just stop for lunch.adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new apartment sounds like it's in the most perfect location - Thai restaurant, thrift shop, cemetery (morbid me loves hanging out in them), and a grocery store! Having a grocery store nearby makes all the difference when you settle into a new home. I can't wait to see outfit photos of you in/around it!

    Oh, and that doughnut looks delicious. I think my sweet tooth has grown ever so larger within the last year because I've never eaten as many sweets as I have recently.

    (You look so cute by the window, btw!)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!