Tuesday, March 2, 2010

good neighbors

Hello! Hope everyone is having a swell week so far. I can tell this week is going to be another tiring one for me. Thankfully all of the moving is done now, but there is still plenty of unpacking to do and annoying paperwork to make sure our address is updated everywhere. It will be nice when things have settled down!

It DOES feel like we live in the house now, though it's still a big mess. But I love it here and I just wanted to let everyone know that we have some amazing neighbors. The day we started moving in, we met 4 of our neighbors. This past weekend we found ourselves inside one of their houses, sitting and talking. Yesterday afternoon, I peeked out the window and saw a couple headed my way with...

these flowers

and a pie.

THE NEIGHBORS BROUGHT US A PIE. There's pretty much no better way to win my friendship -- you have to be nice and friendly of course, but a pie basically seals the deal. (Any sweets, really.)

I've never been fond of chocolate pie, but this one is like a cross between brownies and pudding. And reminiscent of cookie dough. I don't know, it's amazing. I see a bright future ahead for us in this neighborhood!

10 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! I want that pie. See if you can get the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww! what nice neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a chocolate pie before, but it looks YUMMY! You have the best neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice !
    http://mimietnini.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool! Where did you move to, if you don't mind me asking!

    I only ask because I don't know of anyone in California who would do this! very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why don't I have neighbours like that??

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so nice! I'm so happy for you guys, and I'm glad that the new house is starting to feel like home! That pie looks sooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your neighbors brought you flowers and pie??? I'm with Alicia, why don't I have neighbors like that??

    Also, I have no idea what is up with the tree faces. I was just walking along the neighborhood one day and I saw that. I didn't know what to think but I just took a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you're settling in well. Your neighbours sound lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How marvelous is that?! What a wonderful (and delicious) way to be welcomed into the neighborhood!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!