Friday, March 19, 2010

ensemble number one!

Today I put together the first outfit for my wardrobe challenge!

Sorry the picture's a little blurred! Still finding the best spots for lighting in this house.


I'm going to give myself an extra high-five for using this dress, because it's something I thrifted months ago and have never worn! It came with a matching long jacket, and I was thinking I might wear it to my sister's wedding [but didn't]. I originally had a pair of black tights and grey shoes on, because it's still a little chilly here, but after a couple of hours they needed to come off. Not only were they uncomfortable, but when I looked at my first set of pictures, I looked entirely unbalanced. I decided that my pale legs would be a better match for the neutrals!

I don't know if this dress is very flattering on me: it's a bit tight on my hips but not as fitted in the waist as I would like... but I still think this would be a nice thing to wear on a summer evening! Guess I'm getting a bit ahead of the seasons.

But it's warming up! We're hoping to spend some time in the yard this weekend. Happy Friday!

10 comments:

  1. Nice job! I like this combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so pretttyyy. I really like the bird brooches on the bolero - it adds a bit of whimsy to the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweater clippy thingy... feel inadequate because I don't know the technical term... = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really cute. Love the striped dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty! And I really love the bird brooch, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit Rebecca, I really like the idea of challenging oneself to wear something from the closet that hasn't been worn before. Going to try... though not sure if I can do. I'm not that great when it comes to putting together outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually I think the dress is very flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a super cute outfit you're wearing there! I love a good stipe - horizontal polo necks are my fave but as a dress it's very snazzy!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!