Sunday, October 4, 2009

double yolks

This morning when Robert was making breakfast, he called me into the kitchen. He was making scrambled eggs along with some other things, and when he'd cracked open the first egg he found... two yolks!


Of course I had to take a picture, so I whisked the bowl away to the bedroom for good lighting. When I'd returned it to him, he cracked open a second egg and...


Two more yolks! Each egg had two yolks inside. Little chicken twins, I suppose? We just got this batch of eggs from the farmers market yesterday -- I wonder if they're all like this or if we just had double luck this morning! I really liked it.

Then again, when we mentioned this to a friend, she told us that she knew someone who found double egg yolks like that and then gave birth to twins 10 months later.. and if that were some sort of "sign" then perhaps I will magically be producing quadruplets in the future? LET'S HOPE NOT.

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

12 comments:

  1. Haha, I laughed at the capitalized "LET'S HOPE NOT." I'd like to think they were chicken twins! But alas, their fate lies within your bowl...well, now in your guys' stomachs.

    My week hasn't started yet but I'm hoping things will run smoothly as I have papers to do. I hate these never ending school assignments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea for eggs. Sort of like pitless avocados.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever come across eggs with double yolks before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen twin eggs before either... I'm such a dork, but I was thinking of the cholesterol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUADRUPLETS. Quadruple the diapers, quadruple the spit-up, quadruple the FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun story! I wouldn't worry about quadruplets. Maybe you should worry about 2 sets of twins.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has to be good luck or something! Like four leaf clover or...a horse shoe or.. something like that! Must say this is the first time I've ever seen this type of thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! It's like a gift from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. heehee! well lets hope you dont get quads! whoa momma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's bizarre, I never thought that was possible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Well, we raise chickens (I've told you about Hugh Hefner and The Playmates, haven't I?), and we've had lots of double yolks (yes, they're chicken twins), and I've never had twins.

    I will say, though, that many cultures view double yolks as a sign of good fortune to come. Maybe go buy a lotto ticket? Wait-buy two! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!