Friday, October 30, 2009

shine on, baby sloth

Happy Friday, everyone!! I hope everyone is having a very exciting day and has fun plans for the weekend. I just checked the mail and something so spectacular was waiting in there for me... I immediately had to come over here and share it with everyone!

First of all, let me just say that I love the internet. It is where all of my favorite people come from-- that's right, they were magically created as online entities for me to bond with! Okay, maybe it doesn't work like that, but I seriously have made some of the coolest friends over the internet. Caitlin is no exception - we met through a cake decorating community and I believe we bonded over a mutual love for Spinal Tap. We've met twice in person, and have kept in touch online and through occasional surprises in the mail. So here is what I got from her today:

A pirate kitty Halloween card, some cute little animal stickers, annnnd....

A BABY SLOTH WATER COLOR PAINTING!

Are you as impressed as I am? This little painting has blown my mind! I'm so happy someone painted a baby sloth for me!!! AhHHHHH!!!! It brings me so much sloth joy!

Okay, talk amongst yourselves about how impressed you are. :) I'm working on a last-minute craft project that I need to finish before Robert gets home from work... I've got to hurry! Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow to share some pictures of it!

5 comments:

  1. Baby Sloth is gorgeous!! Sooo super sweet and a very good water colout to boot!! Lucky you - I love the internet too - the blogging community's generosity and friendliness blows me away! :) Looking forward to seeing your project - and a Happy Halloween to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a cake decorating community?? you do the coolest things!!

    this is so sweet and yes, i know what you mean about this, so true! i almost run to my friends online than my friends IRL.

    can't wait to see what you have coming up! so many exclamation points in this comment!

    have a safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! i forgot to mention what an awesome gift this was!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *SO* envying that painting! & happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!