Sunday, October 11, 2009

autumn is here

This weekend has been pretty amazing-- Robert's family came into town for a visit and we had a very nice time! Saturday was cold and breezy: for the first time this season I actually had to wear a jacket. We had a nice trip to the farmer's market where we couldn't stop ourselves from buying little pastries and I picked up quite a collection of fallen leaves along the way.

A tiny pecan pie! It was begging for a photo shoot.

We went on a day trip to Murfreesboro to check out MTSU, where Robert's brother is planning to go to school. It was cloudy and I was sitting in between the two guys in the backseat of the car, but I still managed to snap some pictures of the drive!

I have a thing for fields. ..

...and fake horses on top of buildings.

Oh, and also exciting barns!

We spent quite a while walking around the campus just looking at things. It was a nice day!

This tile mosaic on a science building was probably my favorite thing.

That's all! I know blog apologies are sort of lame (and happen too often), but I did want to say sorry for not being around much lately! I've got zero excuses since I really don't have anything going on lately; I've just been trying to find more fulfilling ways to spend my time! And I regret to report that I haven't found anything to spend my time doing. Ha ha... I've spent way too much time thinking about things I could be doing but never do. Do you know what that means? I probably need to be looking for a job. It's true: I finally got bored!

7 comments:

  1. i LOVE driving on 96. one of my favorite stretches of road ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I love the sight of fallen orange leaves.

    No need to apologise! I know what you mean about spending too much time thinking about what to do - that's what I've been doing lately too. I should get more serious job-hunting instead of blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Look at that mosaic!! Great piccies Rebecca!...BUT! That peacan pie - oh my!! We don't get them very often here in Aus - but I remember when I was travelling in the States many moons ago we had them all the time - so nice! Have a terrific week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first photo is amazing!

    I know what you mean about being bored. I've picked up free lance writing but it's not the same as working!
    So i just blog, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a thing for fields, I have a thing for pastries! Yum yum yum. I like to pick up fallen leaves too.

    No need to apologise. We all need blog timeout. I know I sure do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. You know you can spray those leaves (coat all sides completely) with Aquanet extra super hold and they won't lose their color. They look great in picture frames, the 3D kind.

    We got three inches of snow here last Saturday!

    The little pie looks so good.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!