Monday, May 3, 2010

"exciting weekend" indeed

If you're not aware (and I get the feeling that most of the world isn't), this past weekend was a terrible one weather-wise for the Nashville area and much of middle Tennessee. The storms have moved on and are affecting other states now, but at least 12 people have died from the flooding this past weekend in Tennessee alone. You can check The Tennessean for updates and details- there is plenty of craziness going around.

Franklin got hit pretty hard, but we were fortunate here in our house [some water got in the crawlspace under the house, and we found some leaks in the attic.. but no huge damage]. I will be back later on in the week, maybe with some pictures! I just thought I'd pop in and make others aware of the situation, and let you know the reason for me not being around too much. Honestly, there's nothing scary going on at our house. Robert stayed home from work today and we planted some peppers and tomatoes in the yard-- though the traffic is so terrible from flooded roads that he had to walk to the hardware store to buy the plants.

We were lucky, but plenty of others weren't! Here's a list of ways to help, if anyone is interested.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad all is okay with you! I'm heading there next week for a conference and then an agency meeting and the conference hotel (the Gaylord) has 14' of water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, it sounds terrible!!! I'm glad you're OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sound slike quite a storm you had there - I'm so glad to hear your house is secure and that you and your fella are good and well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness i heard about this!! i'm so glad you guys are ok!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!