Friday, May 21, 2010

i miss the calm

I'm still alive! And for the first time in a couple of weeks, I feel like I can breathe because we're taking a 4-day weekend. While it's been nice to make some money and have something semi-important to do, working full time has really overwhelmed me. It might be wimpy to admit that, but it's true! I miss having time to think and write, time to clean the house, and quiet time in general.

Next week I'll begin working 3 days a week, and I think I'll be able to cope much better with that. Maybe I was having housewife withdrawals, but I've been exhausted and cranky. Let's look at some calming images from the good times (a.k.a. a few weeks ago).

A perfect pie meringue! Made and baked by Robert, but I put the swirls on and I'm proud of my handiwork.

The good old days when the kitchen table was occasionally free of clutter [and I made centerpieces using wine glasses & roses? HA].

Stunning view from the top of the hill at Noble Springs Dairy. At least I can always go back there!

I've also missed having time to actually read and comment on blogs! I tried to catch up a little bit today, but I still feel like I've been a bit of a flake as far as being a blog-buddy. Sorry, everyone! Perhaps I'll adjust in the near future.

Tomorrow is our 2-year wedding anniversary, and we're heading down to Memphis for some adventures and also to attend the little brother[in-law]'s graduation! I'm planning to take a million pictures of everything, and hopefully I'll have time to post some things when we get back.

6 comments:

  1. that pie looks delish! happy anniversary and enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, happy anniversary!! And I agree, that pie looks amazing, you did a great job making the swirls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it really been two years?! Congratulations! I just realized the other day that it's been a YEAR since I saw you guys. I'm guessing you will be busy while you're here, but I hope I can visit Nashville this summer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Enjoy your down time - adjusting to work is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your anniversary! And I love your housewifely duties! That's one of my goals - to make centerpieces. My husband does all the cooking but I think I could add a lot to the dining experience if I did a mean centerpiece.

    Can't wait to see the photos!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah i hope you are able to celebrate and have a great time. you deserve a mini break!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!