Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010!

The new year is here! How did you celebrate? My friends Lisa and Erika drove up to visit us and spent three nights: it was like one really long party. We had so much fun! Robert was incredibly hospitable and made lots of yummy food for everyone: I did my best to keep up with the dishes. Since we're sort of homebodies, we didn't take them to see many sights in Nashville, but we did walk around downtown Franklin, though it was uncomfortably freezing. Mostly we opted to stay indoors and do cozy activities. We stayed up too late, slept in mornings, and finished two jigsaw puzzles (one nature scene from the 1940s and a startling He-Man puzzle which was TOO much fun). Trust me, it was a good time.


AND IT SNOWED!! Saturday morning. The snow didn't stick because it was a beautiful sunny day, but the gigantic flakes were enough for me. Unfortunately I didn't get to take many pictures. Oh well; it may snow again later this week. Do you know what else is happening this week? I'm flying back to Houston for my sister's wedding. I've still got a few days here, but everything has been so busy that I'm not sure if I'll have time for another update before leaving! I'll try to pop back in soon.

Sorry this post is horribly lacking in interesting photos [because all of the photos from the last few days are too hilarious and scandalous to share on this blog]. I'll be back with more to share!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun! How nice that your husband played host for your friends! I love that snowflake pic!

    Have a wonderful, safe trip to Houston!

    Hope your 2010 is the best year yet!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful weekend Rebecca, and I love the snow photo you posted. Have a great time at your sister's wedding... what a great thing to look forward to!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty photo - the soft tones are a perfect backdrop to that perfectly formed snowflake! Glad you had a great New Year's - sounds like so much fun :) Have a great trip to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you had fun. I hope you'll post about your sister's wedding as I did about my sister's wedding in December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like so much fun! It's been snowing alot here, I love it. I hope you have a wonderful time at your sister's wedding! Please post about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such an awesome pic! you can almost see the detail of it, so beautiful. I've never been somewhere it snows and I've been in fake California snow, lol

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!