Tuesday, January 12, 2010

embroidered gifts

I'm back from my trip to Houston! My sister's wedding was really beautiful and since I was named the "official" photographer, I have plenty of pretty pictures to share. I haven't gone through and edited them all yet, so you'll just have to wait a few days. Instead, here are a couple of pictures of recent embroidery projects! These are both things I gave as gifts: now that all holidays and special events are over, I can freely post them here.


Above: I added some hedgehog excitement to a pair of place mats. That was my wedding present to Sarah and Tim. (You two better looove them!) And below is the Christmas present I made for Tim, my new brother-in-law. It's a combination stuffed animal / ornament thing. This was the gift I mailed off before photographing; I finally got my chance this past weekend. I had so much fun making the owl -- embroidering on felt is kind of neat! All patterns are from Sublime Stitching.


These last couple of months have been very busy with holidays and traveling, and I feel like my new year is just now getting started (even though January is almost halfway over)! I know I didn't make any resolutions, but I would like to start trying some new things with my blog. Specifically: widening it, using larger pictures, and also I'd like to make a watermark for my photos and start using it all the time. Anyone have any tips on how to go about doing those things?

Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far!

8 comments:

  1. love the hedgehog embroidery. I can give you some tips on redoing your blog, very easy, you can email me or convo thru my etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that hedgie is sooooo cute! They're my symbol for all things hopeful and happy, for some reason!

    And I upload my photos to Photobucket and then copy the html directly into the body of the post so that I can have the bigger pics. Let me know if you have any questions!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a hedgehog so bad. I'm sure he'd get along with the cats... right? Right. You have mad embroidery skills, my dear.
    I guess you lucked out, and may you never, ever have to drive in snow. After all these years it's still super-unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant wait to see the wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! Owl with his big eye lashes!! Adorable!! ...and the hedgehog - so sweet! Looking forward to seeing the wedding photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! i love sublime stitching. your owl looks fantastic, i love the colors you chose (choosing the colors is always the hardest part for me with stitching).
    can't wait to see the wedding pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty creations! I love hedgehogs :) I agree with Emma re: photobucket. Then you can edit the html to make the photos the exact dimensions you want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I agree with the ideas above to make a photo larger. I don't use photobucket, but i use flickr and it's easier to navigate (for me at least) i know also flickr uses picnik to edit and text to your pic and you can add the watermark, too. Can't wait to see them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!