Wednesday, December 30, 2009

pretty presents

2009 is coming to an end!! How do you feel about that? It seemed to go by so quickly, but it was a happy year... so many changes! I lived in 3 different cities this year, but I think we've finally found the one where we're going to settle down for a while. All is well.

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite gifts that I received for Christmas this year. Don't worry, this'll be the only present post. Gifts this year seemed to be mostly tea-party themed, or "let's help Rebecca stay warm since she doesn't have any winter clothes" themed. Both good causes, I feel.

A little owl! I think this is a cream pitcher.

Gorgeous little hand-bound book! Not sure what I'll put in it.

Cup and saucer!

This exciting set it something Robert's mom found in their backyard years ago. They dug it up!!

I think it's neat!

Jacket from Robert's grandparents - It allows me to look like a turtle, and I'm down with anything turtle-y.

For all of you who received Christmas presents: what was your favorite? I've got to run off now and get busy making things pretty around here -- a couple of friends from Texas are driving up to spend New Year's Eve with us! I probably won't have much time to post here in the next couple of days, so HAPPY NEW YEAR! See you again in 2010!

10 comments:

  1. I love the teacup & saucer - such a sweet pattern. You made me laugh talking about looking like a turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new years to you!
    how cool that they dug up the cup and platter! there's nothing like finding buried treasure.
    my favorite gift was the sweater my husband gave me.
    talk to ya next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a bit slack because I did plan to do a Christmas present post (rabbit book ends were the fave!) - is it too late to do it in 2010? Maybe not! Love your presents - especially that book!!! Happy, happy New Year dear Rebecca! Very much looking forwad to catching up in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your presents! I always feel weird saying what I got for Christmas but everyone else is doing it, I should do one, too, then, haha.

    I love your jacket, you can never go wrong with a cozy jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything!!!! Maybe it's because I'm always freezing, lol.. Merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I adore that owl pitcher and the cup and saucer.

    I got a tin of my favorite tea ever and the gorgeous Anthropologie shirt I've been drooling over for months.

    And, Happy, happy New Year! I hope 2010 is the best year yet!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your gifts Rebecca! Especially the hand bound book and the sweater... great taste for grandparents I gotta say. Ageism is wrong but that's sort of true right? :)

    Wishing you a very Happy New Year!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the glass cup looks like it has water droplets on it. The tea party theme is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was super spoiled this christmas! i'm always surprised by my parents and loved ones' generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your cup and saucer. Very cute!
    Yeah, moose are actually super dangerous. They stand six feet tall and weigh several hundred pounds. They're testy, cranky critters. They spook easily, run fast, and stomp their victims underfoot. I think you'd be better off taming and riding a reindeer. = )

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!