Monday, December 21, 2009

cookies and such

Happy Monday, everyone! Can you believe that Christmas is this week? I can't, but I'm excited about it anyway. And in just a week and a few days, it will be 2010! It was odd enough entering the 2000s, but we're now going into the 2010s - isn't it crazy? I suppose that's how time works (it just keeps happening), but it still surprises me.

I've been keeping busy with the upcoming holidays, but I have a couple of things to share!


A VERY thoughtful couple ordered a box of cookies for us from Dozen. I've mentioned Dozen before: the bakery that uses local ingredients and sells at our farmer's market. This past Saturday when we walked up to buy some stuff (for other people, of course...) we were handed this box and told that someone called it in for us. Robert and I were completely bewildered. To be honest-- and this will tell you just how dorky we are-- we thought maybe that was a joke. But it was real and when we figured that out we were very happy.

Cookie Party!

YUM!

So: thank you Meaghan and William!! This was a perfect gift for us. And thanks to Claire for being an amazing baker!


Also, if anyone can tell the difference, I got a haircut this weekend! Kept the length, but got more layers. I'm actually happy with it, though it looked questionable and slightly frightening right after being cut: hair stylists have a way of making my hair very big. I don't think they know how to deal with it. But it's all good as far as maintenance on my end, though I do look like someone from an 80s glam metal music video when I wake up in the morning.

Hope everyone is having a nice week so far!

10 comments:

  1. Haircut is delightful - frames your sweet heart face perfectly!! How lovely to get a surprise present like that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm those cookies look scrumptious!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm glad you got my card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hair stylists always go big or go home! i've never understood it, lol!

    mmmmm i want cookies now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can we have a cookie party where we have several kinds of cookies and see which one battles it out to victory?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the cookies look delicious! and your hair looks adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't see how looking like you're from an 80's glam metal music video is at all a band thing. I'm sure Rob's made you watch "Higher," right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm those cookies look yummy. I know what you mean about time passing quickly.. it's going to be really strange entering the 2010s. Will people say: two thousand and ten, or will they say twenty ten? Gosh it's going to be really weird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look so tasty! Wow. I like the haircut, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Christmas cookies! Merry Christmas, Rebecca! <3

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!