Thursday, December 3, 2009

some facts and things

Thank you all for the sweet comments on the pictures from my last post! Everyone seems to be smitten with Zazie the hedgehog. She's cute, but she's also a grumpy little thing - I just enjoy taking pictures of her and rubbing her stomach when she's not curled up in a spiny ball. Hedgehogs can be found at exotic pet stores: my sister bought Zazie at S&S Exotic Animals in Houston. [They also sell two-toed sloths .. for $2000! Eep. Oh, wouldn't it be great to wake up December 25th to find a baby sloth climbing around on your Christmas tree? Hint hint.]

Hanging around. I hope you enjoy those shadows to the left!

How does everyone like December so far? I think it's spectacular! We put up our tiny, fake Christmas tree yesterday and I wrapped the first present... I'm excited about this month.


On another fun note, Emma Wallace from Emma's Music passed this Beautiful Blogger Award on to me. Thank you so much, Emma! For anyone who hasn't visited her blog, Emma is a musician with a fantastic voice. Her blog is full of good stuff, and each week she puts up a new song sketch. Check it out!

Here are the rules that came with the award:
1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.

So, 7 interesting things about myself? Hmm. Many of you probably know more about me than you should, so I will stay off any previously-discussed topics and just go with whatever pops into my head first.

1. Yesterday Robert and I watched The Straight Story: a G-rated Disney movie directed by David Lynch (?!) about an old man driving his tractor across Iowa. Then we worked on a jigsaw puzzle and listened to Beatles records. We almost died from wholesomeness.

2. A couple of weeks ago I said I was going to get a haircut, but I never got around to it! That's pretty boring, actually.

3. I have lost the motivation / inspiration needed to update my Etsy shop. :( Has that happened to anyone else? I was going to take pictures of some stuff yesterday, but I just dread the entire process, and have been dreading it for months now. I think I'm bored with it, and I really need to come to terms with that + figure out what I want to do next.

4. I'm also coming to terms with the fact that I dress myself like a 5-year old, and that's funny. I can't make myself care about fashion. Boring! I have not shopped for clothes in a few months, and I'm okay with that. This may be related to the previous fact - even vintage isn't exciting me right now.

5. Did I just blow your mind with those last 2 facts? I hope not! I've had some blogging issues as well lately: I'm just not sure what to put here and who is in my audience and what is entertaining anymore. I often feel that I yammer on about insignificant things, and I do not enjoy the finished product when I do that! If I had more self-control, this would be a pictures only blog, but I feel the need to narrate.

6. Sticking to this candid trend, I can't seem to figure out what to do with my life right now. It's not a bad thing, it's just a weird spot to be in. I'm done with school (and not interested in going back), I have no job (but can't decide if I want one), and I'm just unsure about what comes next! I also feel this is a good thing - obviously if my circumstances were different I'd be forced to find a job and stick with it. So this is an exploratory phase! I'm just not sure where it's going...

7. It's hard to follow those last 3! I will just say that it feels nice to get all of that out there. I'm usually quite reserved on this blog, trying to keep everything upbeat and neutral, but I'm not really like that most of the time.

Well, that was enlightening! Now, onto the 7 bloggers I want to pass the award to. Some of these are newer finds for me, while others are blogs I've been reading for some time now (and have probably awarded before.. but they're just that good).


All of these blogs are written by multi-talented people who are just lovely! (Feel free to take the award and pass it along, or ignore it if you don't feel like digging up 7 interesting facts.. haha).

This afternoon I'm planning to make Christmas stockings! I'm going to use this template. They'll be small but that's okay because a) we have nowhere to hang them and b) who likes to put a lot of stuff in stockings? Not I. I just want to make some pretty badly. I'll let you know if they come out well! If not, we shall pretend I never mentioned them.

13 comments:

  1. Thank you so so so much for the award! :D Your Christmas tree is so cute! I put up a tiny pink one this year, next to my regular big one. Good luck on the stockings! I'm sure they will look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crossroad-crises are so hard! But it's exciting to head in a new direction. So, congratulations on your soul-searching! :o)

    P.S. I loved your first fact! "Died from wholesomeness" = hilarious!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I am your audience!! :) I think you'll figure out what you want to do and go next - you just have to wait a bit...I think it's perfectly natural to feel a bit between things at times. Your wholesome day sounds like my idea of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank youy so much for the award!

    Good luck with the soul searching, you'll figure it out soon! I kind of wish I was back at your stage now (although it is nice to be settled too!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, and please don't make this a pictures only blog! there are too many of them out there, and i like to get a little bit of insight into bloggers' personalities! So yay for narration and going on about insignificant things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a nice blog, so I follow!
    I hope you check mine too.

    http://dreamchymecindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for tagging me! I'm sort of in the same position as you described on number 6. No more school, no job, and lots of uncertainty. I apply for dozens of jobs, but something inside me doesn't seem sure if I want it (but financially, I need it!)
    Hopefully we'll figure something out though!

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get so frustrated with etsy when I have to list items- I dread it. What helps is to make a default listing and just change things around a bit. I don't know if that helps.
    Thank you for the award, I'll have to find some interesting facts now!
    I agree with Oranges and Apples! Please don't stop posting. It's so easy to just do photos but I think you are one of the only bloggers I can really relate to. We are married to writers, we write ourselves a bit, we are clueless about what to with our lives, and we are at the point of babyhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little tree! Thanks so much for the tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tree Rebecca, and I'm seriously honored that you passed it on to me!

    Also, your 7 things I very much relate to. I feel exactly the same way about my etsy shop and my blog. Honestly, I don't feel like I have anything new or of interest to share lately. And the jewelry I had in my shop is all so done and played out everywhere already.

    I'm hoping to get a second wind again soon.

    And about work, you should enjoy your time at home. Wish I didn't have to work. If I didn't I wouldn't... I have too many compromises to quit though... but I swear I wish for freedom to do what I want with my days all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look sweet, love the layered socks and tights. Also, the idea of a sloth as a pet has totally captivated me. That would be AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the award! I just ran across your blog and it is really sweet.

    I can totally relate to this exploratory phase you are going through. After college I also fell that same way, didn't know where to head. It lasted about a year, then I found out where I was supposed to be. =)

    I soo want to see those stockings!

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, thanks for the award! I can't believe that about the sloths--I had no idea people actually kept them as pets!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!