Monday, December 14, 2009

help-portrait

Since I'm without any pictures to share this week, I thought it might be nice to share something else. A Nashville photographer started a project called Help-Portrait that has gone worldwide. The mission is for photographers to share their skills and give back to the community by taking portraits of needy families for free. It may not sound so significant, but when you think of how many of us take cameras for granted and how many people there are who have never had their photo taken... It's one way to make people feel special and beautiful! I will let this video speak for itself. This was actually a test run they did in October -- the real project started a couple of days ago (Dec. 12th), and I'm not sure if it's going to be a yearly event, but it's definitely worth watching! Be sure to visit their website if it's something that interests you - it made me a little teary eyed!

6 comments:

  1. Off to go check it out - many thanks for alerting me to this terrific cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the news!! SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful project! thank you for posting it :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!