Sunday, April 1, 2012

feeling fancy

Last Friday was pretty festive for us.  I have two friends with the same birthday, so I went to lunch with one and we had the other over for dinner! 


 

Robert made an amaaazing chocolate cake.  It was so moist that it kept falling apart when I was trying to ice it!  I had to use extra icing to make sure it wasn't too uneven looking, and to hide the hole in the middle where the cake stuck to the pan!  What a shame.  Sometimes we're a baking team -- he makes things delicious, and I make them pretty.

Sweater: H&M (thrifted), Dress: Target (thrifted, ha!), Print: The Black Apple

Oh look!  Outfit photo.  I was feeling fancy.  I really like this ruffly dress because it's good at hiding my little post-baby-belly. 

Ruffles and icing can cover so many flaws!

P.S. Thank you all for the sweet comments on the birth story.  I assure you, I was not looking so hot the day after!  Robert has agreed to be a guest blogger here occasionally and share his experiences as a new dad.  I'll be posting his version of the birth story soon! 

1 comment:

  1. That skirt is so adorable! I love high waisted skirts as well for their post-baby-belly masking abilities. Ha! You look great. Glad you had such lovely celebrations!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!