Wednesday, April 11, 2012

what are you into right now?

I AM:


-having fun playing with PicMonkey.  So much fun!  I don't have a clue when it comes to photo editing.  I usually just try to get things right with the actual photo, but there's not much time these days for perfect lighting and people who know how to sit still.  Sooo... this is a fun and easy way to make my crummy photos look a bit fancier, or just plain ridiculous.

-enjoying this series of interviews on the AV Club with Paul Feig about Freaks and Geeks.  There are two more to go (it's a 5 parter, with a new one each day) and we've really  been enjoying reading each one in the morning with breakfast!  I will never EVER get enough Freaks and Geeks, even though it only lasted 18 episodes.  Best series ever made, hands down.  (Yes, even more perfect than Arrested Development!)  Paul Feig is a heartbreak.  If you've seen F&G and love the cringe-worthy humor about adolescence, you should read his book Kick Me.  Everything embarrassing in that show happened to him in real life, except usually in a much worse way.

-SO IN LOVE WITH SWEET POTATOES.  I can't even begin to tell you.

-really looking forward to reading this book, Hungry Monkey.  Robert stumbled onto the author's blog, I was hooked by the sample, and we're already ordered a copy!  It's about a food writer figuring out how to feed his baby good stuff.  It looks hilarious, adorable, and informative!  Menu planning and cooking are pretty much the main activities in this house, so we're psyched to involve Audrey in the near future...  

What's everyone else into these days?

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'm 100% on board with the Freaks and Geeks is better than Arrested Development train, but I understand where you're coming from. Ha! Those AV Club interviews are great though. Much like My So Called Life, it was cut short way before its time!

    That Hungry Monkey sounds really interesting. I'd love to hear a follow up on that.

    I am currently totally in love with the first Future Islands record and every different way of incorporating asparagus into a meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, okay, it's just my opinion... but those two shows are definitely amazing! :) I never saw My So Called Life, but it's on our to-watch list!

      I'll have to check out Future Islands! I wish I was into asparagus. I liked it a lot before I got pregnant, and then it became one of those foods that made me gag, and I haven't quite gotten over it yet. So sad.

      Delete
  2. I've been reading the Adventures of Pete and Pete reviews on the AV Club! The prop master from the first two seasons would pop in and leave comments with all kinds of cool behind-the-scenes trivia from each episode he worked on. In fact, the AV Club (and specifically the girl who writes the reviews) was responsible for the cast and crew reunion I went to in February.

    That website has caused me to lose so many hours of productivity. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! The AV Club does some pretty neat stuff.

      Delete
  3. Your baby is adorable Rebecca! Also, loving Picmonkey, thank you for the share. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweet potatoes too! I am giving you the Liebster Award!! More info here:
    http://elliesooblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-award-movie.html

    Hope you and your family are doing well, Rebecca.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!