Tuesday, February 23, 2010

complaints

A little rose plant I bought for the new house last week... which is still not in the house.

All of that optimism and problem-ignoring last week didn't really help me out -- we still haven't got our house. Thursday afternoon we were informed that there was going to be a delay because of some paperwork, and then Friday we found out it wouldn't happen until the next week. Yesterday we were led to believe that it might occur, but now it's been pushed back to this afternoon... and still there are no guarantees.

You can imagine what a nuisance it's been. This past weekend we had so much planned, and we had to cancel everything. Now, if we get the house today (or tomorrow, or whenever), instead of Robert's family coming up on the weekend to help like they'd planned to, it will be during the middle of the week. So unless we get any volunteers who don't have to work normal days, it will be just me and Robert moving all of our furniture. As my mom says, I'm "weak as a kitten" so this should be really exciting. Oh, not to mention it was a beautiful, WARM weekend, and now it's rainy and cold again. It would have been lovely to move a couple of days ago.

Unfortunately, since we're so good at organizing, we're already paying the utility bills for the house and our mail is going there as well. The only thing getting in our way is, y'know, paperwork and the fact that we don't have keys to the place. It's all fairly set in stone, but this scheduling and rescheduling is starting to get quite outrageous.

SO, hopefully I'll have some really neat pictures to share with you soon, but until then I'm just going to be sulking around our apartment and being continually disappointed while the title company leisurely screws up our schedule every.single.day. If it happens again today, I'm not sure what I'll do. Probably more of the same, since I've come to realize that my attitude can in no way affect the outcome of this situation. Agh, bureaucracy!

Sorry for whining. I've been trying to hold back in hopes that I'd have nice news soon, but.. nope. The reason this is such a big deal is that we're supposed to be out of our apartment by the end of this upcoming weekend. So each day this is delayed means a bigger time crunch for us and the moving schedule.

One good thing about today: I just figured out why my pictures have been so blurry lately when I make them big on here! That shouldn't be a problem anymore - if you feel like it go back a bit and look at how much clearer my pictures are now (for example: this post was totally blurry before). This post by Pip at Meet Me At Mike's is to thank!

3 comments:

  1. ugh, sorry to hear that. Hope things work out sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on in there. I'm sure it will work out.. things just take time: stupid paperwork and solicitors!! Try to do some fun stuff in the meantime to take your mind off the situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh deary! It's always the way, isn't it? All the best dear Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!