Monday, November 16, 2009

recently

I've been kind of quiet here lately. To be honest it's because I'm trying to figure out what happens next in my life. Big, vague ideas! Anyway, part of that is trying to spend less time online. And spending less time reading blogs. I sincerely hope that no one feels ignored - I'm still catching up on all of your blogs when I get time, but often I'm so behind that I just reply to the most recent blog entries!

Just wanted to put that out there. I have time to catch up tonight because Robert is at a basketball game with a co-worker. Isn't that weird? It's weird for him. It may be the "manliest" thing he's done in his whole life. Heh, male bonding! I think it's cute that he was invited out. So, here are some pictures from the past week!


I think I may keep the above shoes, which are from the vintage stash which Robert's grandmother passed along to me. She wants me to try sell everything, but I'm afraid these aren't in good enough condition - the insoles of the shoes are barely clinging on. I don't know if they can be glued [anyone have any advice?], but I wouldn't be comfortable selling them in this condition. I still think they're very elegant!

Madeleines from dozen


Yesterday afternoon, Robert and I went for a little walk and got somewhat lost... It was exciting! I didn't realize that the main road we live off of went on for so long. We've never walked out that far, but we found some amazing fields and were able to see barns in the distance.


On the way home we made a kitty friend! This gorgeous little cat was very cuddly, but wouldn't stay still for a good photo. It also tried to follow us home, and the best idea we could think of was to run away. We just started running, and the cat followed for a few feet but then gave up. We felt really silly and we laughed about it the rest of the way home. I just didn't want to lead it too far from home!

Speaking of, I'll be headed back "home" for Thanksgiving next week - it will be my first trip back to Texas since February. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed here, and all that has happened!

10 comments:

  1. what lovely lovely lovely photos. those madelines looks divine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good sometimes to just take a break from the internet and blogs, I think.

    Those shoes look really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT ABOUT WHEN I INSTALLED THE CAR STEREO
    USING ONLY MY FISTS???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos Rebecca! I love your skirt and the kitty photo especially. Isn't it awesome that the holidays are almost here again. I missed Thanksgiving and Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pictures. Such a cute kitty! It's funny how cats do that, follow people for a bit. They eventually stop when they get too far away from their home though, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca! I can't wait to see you! Timothy and I are so excited to see you guys. We'll have slumber parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good goal! I'm totally supportive of this. I only read about twice a week online (most are scheduled posts) but it does feel better to take a step back.

    you should have kept the cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! You are such a good storyteller! That kitty is adorable.

    P.S. I nominated you for a beautiful blogger award! iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your calico friend here - taking photos of affectionate pussy cats IS very difficult - I"ve tried a lot and it's very rare to get a good face shot!!

    Sounds like you're having fun - good luck with your plans and dreams! Have a lovely rest of your week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would *not* be able to give up those shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!